“Yummy”

Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Mamaroneck
Price range: US$0 - US$6
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

It's an experience. So much fun. Stand in line, wait wait wait and then have a great dog. Fun for the family.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Everyone knows that the hot dogs are amazing. They do something special to them, whether it is the way they cut them or how they butter them (as I believe to be true), but whatever they are doing to their dogs, they are doing the right thing. I want to talk about another popular item on their menu, that I didn't originally like at first. The sweet spuds. Sweet spuds are sweet potato (yams) that are fried and are served in a basket of six. If you love sweet potato fries, or sweet potatoes in general, you are going to LOVE the sweet spuds. If at first you do not like them, please, do me a favor, try them once or twice more. Trust me. You will fall in love with them. The first time I had sweet spuds, I didn't hate them, but it was tough for me to finish all 6. I wasn't a huge fan of them, but then the taste started to grow on me. Now, I go to Walter's just for the sweet spuds. A few days ago, I was craving sweet spuds so badly that I ordered 3 (18 in all) and no hot dog. I know, it's kinda crazy. Trust me on this one though. The next time you're at Walter's, try their sweet spuds!

Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

I have been eating here for over 25 years and my mother, who grew up around the corner has been eating there since she was a little girl (and she's over 60 now) It's my favorite place to go eat (that's casual of course). I live 45 minutes away but will drive once in a while just to get their hot dogs. Their hot dogs are hands down the best. You can't get them anywhere else it's a secret recipe! Great fries, homemade ices and homemade ice cream! You have to go if your anywhere near the area!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Walters has, without a doubt , the best hotdogs anywhere. There special mustard is yummy, the hotdogs the best and it is an old home place. My husband had been going there since he was 4 and our son had his first solid food there!. Just the best.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Who knows why a "dog" can be so much better than any other "dogs". But these franks have been pulling back for over 40 years. I do know that I am not alone. My uncle, over 70 now and living in Houston, TX says he comes back to visit his dear relatives but I actually think he comes back simply for a visit to Walter's.
Don't go for the seating comfort....all they have are some picnic benches suitable for good weather.
Go instead for a great lunch of a vanilla shake, curly fries and and two dogs with mustard.
Fantastic!