“Good value, superb location!”
Review of Mamaroneck Motel

Mamaroneck Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mamaroneck
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at the Mamaroneck Motel after spending a day site seeing in New York City. The hotel is about 30 minutes from Grand Central by train and then a 15 minute walk from the train station. (of course in January the cab was 5 bucks :) for the return trip). The rooms are cozy, tastefully painted and decorated, and clean. The staff was incredibly helpful, when I arrived he ran across the parking lot to check me in. I did not get a chance to spend much time in Mamaroneck but from what I could tell there was a lot available just outside my door. I highly recommend the motel based on its location, charm and value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank duknow123

Reviewed 21 November 2011

While the location was great, and the staff was very friendly and helpful (suggested a delicious dinner spot - Nautilis Diner), the room we stayed in was in desperate need of an upgrade. It reminded me of something from the 1950s or 1960s, and probably hasn't been updated since then.

The bed itself wasn't awful, but there was wallpaper peeling in multiple places, the stove had a cover over part of it that was secured with duck tape, the tile in the shower stall had been grouted and regrouted and regrouted many times over, and the stall itself was TINY! The walls were paper thin too, so you heard EVERYTHING, from toilets flushing, to showers running, to conversations and TVs in the rooms next door. It was definitely not worth the $90 we paid.

With MOTEL in the name, it should have raised a red flag to me, but all the reviews were so positive, so I went with it. Next time I'll use my gut feeling!

This is the first time I've booked something based on TripAdvisor reviews and been extremely disappointed. Next time I'll be a little more cautious!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank disneyparrot
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This is one of the cleanest motels I've stayed at in a long time. The pillow cases are fresh pressed and the sheets wrinkle free!

Albeit a retro style motel, I loved it's charm and country flair.

The entire staff were an absolute pleasure. These are real nice people!

Parking is ample and the lot is well lit. The grounds are modest but extremely well kept.

What a great value for a a hotel so close to the local marinas!

Every type of food is within a mile.

Perfect for an old salt like me!

I will most certainly stay here again when I return in the spring

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank Tkmellc
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My room was very cold and there's no thermostat in the room. I asked the front desk if there was a way to make the room warmer. They said they were not able to make the room warmer and all they were able to do was give me an extra blanket. I took the extra blanket but I was still very cold and didn't get a good night's sleep as a result.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank robinlisa140
Reviewed 8 September 2011

It’s amazing that this motel survives amongst the suburban swirl that surrounds it. Perhaps it’s because it offers such solid value. The Mamaroneck Motel is a compact fifties-era remnant of a pre-Interstate time. And despite its longevity, it remains well-kept, clean and unassumingly tucked away behind other buildings. (So much so that you should look sharp for its driveway entrance.) Not surprisingly, its U.S. 1 pedigree and proximity to eastern Westchester County locations are perhaps its greatest assets. It's directly across the street from Mamaroneck High School, around the corner from the Harbor Island Park and within easy driving distance of Rye Beach Playland. There is also a variety of nearby food choices. And it is by far the most affordable option in an area with precious few.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank DoeHEAD
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Whilst dated the motel was extremely clean,the staff very helpful(even sending my daughters toy which we left back to England) and we all enjoyed our stay. It is very easy train access to Grand Central Station (30mins) and a nice 15min walk through the town to the rail terminal from the hotel. Very good budget accommodation for New York.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ross s
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We found a lovely family owned motel for our stay in Westchester and it was so pleasant with attractive accommodations and a very warm, helpful and friendly staff. The rooms were completely renovated with up dated colors and decor, flat screen TV and a perfect location for site seeing. We would choose this up to date motel over the big standardized hotel chains any time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank cherwoody1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mamaroneck
Doral Arrowwood
Courtyard Rye
#1 of 1 in Rye
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown

Been to Mamaroneck Motel? Share your experiences!