“Clean budget accommodation”
Review of Mamaroneck Motel

Mamaroneck Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mamaroneck
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This motel was dated and in need of renovation but if all you want is a place to sleep at a reasonable cost in New York then stay here. It was very clean, with linen replaced daily and the staff were helpful. We had a unit with a kitchenette which cost $560 USD for a week. Only downside are the beds are not queen, but double size. Very comfortable though. Mamaroneck is a cute village on the sea with a beautiful marina and only 1/2 hour drive from Manhattan. Everything is walking distance from the motel, station (40 mins to Grand Central Station), shops, restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sandi28
There are newer reviews for Mamaroneck Motel

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms are small but they are clean, the motel has a nice courtyard and you park in front of your room, very private and quiet, overall a great stay. Perfect for couples for a short or overnight stay. Prices are very reasonable more so taking into consideration that the area is very nice and safe. I totally plan to come back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rkitekto69
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

The rooms are so darn small! The bathroom is even smaller! Staying here was a last resort to get out the snowfall. As I was getting in bed I turned down my sheets to find a glob of loose hair! Ugh good thing I keep extra sheets in my trunk! There was a stink bug on the ceiling of my bathroom! It felt like it took forever for my room to warm up! I will never return here ever! The only good thing about this was that a bank was close enough for me to grab cash & book another room else where's !!!

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Chocolatevirgo
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is our second time staying here. The exterior of the motel is very neat with flowers around and new exterior paint. The Mamaroneck Motel Is, however, old and shows its age in the rooms. It's redeeming feature is its location - about 25 miles from midtown Manhattan. Mamaroneck is a nice town with lots of restaurants. Although the room appeared quite clean, stains on the carpet might turn some people off. Supposedly they have updated the rooms so, perhaps, we had a room that had not been updated yet. It would seem odd to update a room and not replace the stained carpet. The room has a microwave and refrigerator which are always helpful. The room was quiet. The shower had excellent pressure and lots of hot water but they give you a paper mat to stand on when exiting the shower. What is missing is light over the beds; I like to read in bed and this was difficult. One thing that really annoyed us was having to give a $5. deposit for the remote for the TV. This was an inconvenience to us as we had to make a point of retrieving our $5 before we left in the very early AM. I don't really understand the point of this because one cannot buy a new remote for $5. Just bad, bad customer service. This might make us bypass this motel in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vcm1
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and two sons were returning from a week in Washington, DC when the fuel line in our jeep began leaking and we needed to get off the road and fast!! We barely made it into a gas station before running out of gas or the engine catching fire. While my husband had the hood up a local man offered his help and then a taxi driver pulled in and knew the man helping us so between them we got our jeep to a service station to be worked on in the morning and the taxi driver go us to the Mamaroneck Motel. It was dark and already 9:00 at night and we didn't want to stay too far from where our car was located. As my husband went into the motel to get us a room I held my breath! It has been many years since I have stayed in anything but hotels or my own RV and the last time I was in a motel it was a less than stellar experience! I was more than pleasantly surprised! It was a clean little efficiency that had been updated with recessed lights, crown molding, new countertops and a flat panel TV. The floors were tiled too which is much better than carpeting in my opinion. The mattresses were encased in hypoallergenic zipped pads (yay!!) It had a double bed and a twin but within minutes the owner appeared at our door with a comfortable (so my son said) roll away bed. It had a microwave, a two burner stove, a fridge and a coffee pot. The shower itself needs to be updated but it was clean and that is what counted! There was also a little kitchen table. At the base of the driveway of the motel was a pizza/deli and we were able to order a pizza and feed the kiddos too! My husband travels frequently for business and is in this area frequently and has never been satisfied with the chain hotels in the area so he was happy to have found this quaint little gem! The owners were so helpful and accommodating as well! I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. My only complaint was the pillows.... :-) Once it was daylight and we had our vehicle back I realized that we were in walking distance of several fast food restaurants, delis, what looked to be nice local restaurants and a very pretty harbor!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank RobbieNTorrinsMom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Old place, but very good. Quiet area. 45 mins away from NYC with train. Prices was good. Room has cable tv. Service was good. And was secure. Im pretty sure whenever i'll go back i choose this place . Basically american standard with average price. Only bad thing is couldn't find taxi:/
But its not that far from train station. By walking 15 mins. Which is not that far. For reserve weekend its kinda hard prefer to reserve before thursday because might not be able to book.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alekber
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Ok, it's an old place, but with a good price. One of the horseshoe shape motels on the side of many US highways. It was fairly clean, but it is very, very old and in need of a lot of updating like carpeting (old and stained), old wood wall paneling. I didn't book this hotel, a company from out of the US I was contracted to work booked this location. Alright, we know it a bargain, older place, here were my main, real issues…the heating for the room is not controlled from the guest rooms. You have to call the lobby manager and either have it on or off. Nothing in the middle. I would leave the heat on until I couldn't stand it with the windows open and start to break into a sweat and call the front desk, they would turn off the heat. The beds are hard, small & old (but free of bugs…I checked). They were covered in a protective bed cover. The pillows were rock hard and I had to use them as “Book Ends”, one on each side of my head in order to sleep. There was no way I could lay my head on these and sleep! The room lighting is very bad and limited; The TV is very old tube TV with about 10 channels. Funny thing is when you check into the front desk for the first time, they give you a TV remote control along with your room key. If you don't bring the TV remote back, you get charged extra. The Pros: Price, and it was right next to a Starbuck's (which I was at any waken moment) and a few rood local restaurants. Free wifi (if you can get a signal)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Jim H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mamaroneck
Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
Hilton Westchester
Hilton Westchester
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester

Been to Mamaroneck Motel? Share your experiences!