“Getting screwed”
Review of Manchester Inn

Manchester Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our car broke down July 13,2014 on the New York Thruway.The wrecker driver dropped us off at Scottish Inn.We were panicking,it was pouring rain.In our haste,we got a room.My wife,son and myself went to the room.After we talked,we decided rather than leaving our son there(hes 23),we would try to go home.My wife and I pleaded with the manager for at least a partial refund but he wouldnt budge.Claimed it was at the owners disgression..We never pulled down the blankets or anything and we were there 45 minutes tops but Im still out 90 bucks.If he would have gave me 50 I would have been ok with it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JohnRobin90

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We found an $80 room in the Manchester Inn online and when we couldn't find the motel, we went into the nearby Scottish Inn and enquired about a double room. It was late, so we reluctantly took the $100 room (+ tax) , only to discover it was the same motel and room as the $80 room we had found online - the inn name had changed. After payment we were told it included a continental breakfast, which we would not have voluntarily accepted since I am on a medical diet which excludes most of the usual breakfast foods. The owner kept trying to 'upsize' the sale. The room itself was ok but overpriced, however there was a dangerous broken light switch in the bathroom, and the internet didn't work in the room. I would have been happy to overlook the flaws if the price had been cheaper, but as it was we felt we were taken advantage of.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aussiesaway
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a Motel so please expect a Motel and not 5 star Hotel. If that premise is understood then everything else will fall in place. It is a Good convenient Motel. Before booking I read in the online reviews that it has new owners, that are working hard to improve the property. I can certify this is true. And by the way the place is now known as “ Manchester Inn” although they have not changed the sign yet. What I liked most was the spanking new linen in bedroom and bath. Means more to me than other items like carpet etc. Room was clean. Although the bath does need some work but it works. Breakfast was simple but ample and had all basic essentials and most importantly FRESH. There is a fuel pump and McDonald s right across the road. Very convenient for people driving by like us. All in all we got good value.

We were touring The Finger lake District which is one awesome place. Wineries are aplenty. Every bit of the stretch is picture postcard stuff. But whatever happens do not miss taking the "Skyline Drive" on Keuka Lake. It is indeed a "top of the world experience'. You really get the feeling of driving in the sky. NOT TO BE MISSED.

Room Tip: Most rooms can be accessed through At door parking from outside as well as indoor corridor that lead...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Avi_GlobeTrotter
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed for 1 night and kept getting woken up by rude neighbors having car problems it was more than once. Started at 12 and kept goin all night long. Called front desk did nothing. Also got very sick off of what ever they use to clean the rooms with horrible stay will never stay there EVER AGIAN

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tiny1129
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here because of location, location, location. The price was reasonable, even inexpensive by the competition prices (there is no nearby competition). It was what we thought and exactly what we expected. Rooms are sparse, furniture is worn but clean. Rooms were small and a bit noisy. Early in the morning we were awakened by an inconsiderate neighbor who was having trouble starting his diesel truck and then left it running right outside our door. The next night I requested a different room. Danielle the desk clerk was very accommodating and moved us to the inside away from the traffic.

Room Tip: I recommend that you ask for a room in the back it seems like it would be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank hjnicols
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here for 1 night...normally stay with family. However having a surprise party for Grandma, therefore entire family visiting at the same time.
Room is clean. Bedspreads clean, just old. Room is painted cinder blocks, this is ok as well. Afterall, you get what you pay for, $76.00.
Bathroom: tub specifically would not step into without flipflops on. Even my brother, who will do anything, would not take a shower here. Definitely in need of updating. Tub was probably clean, although who would know with all the stains from years worth of who knows what. Don't know if all the tubs are like this one, room 140 has a bad tub.
Scoring terrible for cleanliness due to bath tub situation. The room itself is clean. Has a nice fridge and microwave.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I book rooms for our corporation and booked a room for an employee with a CLC Card. When employee arrived Front desk man was rude and wanted to see the guys drivers license to make a copy and to get his address off it which the employee told him not to copy it for security reasons and told him his address was different now cause he had moved but in Oklahoma you are not required to get a new one just because you moved into a different house. Desk Clerk told him to get out he could not stay there. The employee was willing to show him his driver’s license because CLC requires the hotel match the DL to the CLC card but not to copy it. Our employee talked him into letting him stay cause it was late and he needed sleep but saw a drug deal go down later that night outside the hotel. When I made the reservations the hotel guy was rude but he had a foreign accent so I ignored it but will not be booking employees at this location again. Employee said place was old but linens were clean but he never wanted to stay there again and didn't feel safe even though there was like only 3 cars in the parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Newark Garden Hotel
#2 of 4 in Farmington
No photo provided
Royal Inn Victor
#6 of 6 in Victor

Been to Manchester Inn? Share your experiences!