“Wonderful Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were a table of 10 on Sunday evening for a birthday celebration, one of three birthday celebrations that evening (we knew by the singing). There is an excellent wine list..we chose two that we thoroughly enjoyed..a Chablis for the chicken and fish dinners and Malbec for the veal and pasta. The veal chop was a nice size and cooked to perfection, roasted baby chicken also got raves, it was brought to the table whole, then cut and served in pieces with vegetables. I had the penne with eggplant, mozzarella and tomatoe, a little salty but very good. The sliced filet served with peppers and onions (asked for on the side with no mushrooms by request) was also enjoyed. I tasted the peppers and onions and they were perfectly cooked, carmelized and savory sweet. An assortment of desserts was brought to the table..I was stuffed but couldn't resist a taste of the decadent chocolate cake or italian cheesecake. The service at Stresa was outstanding, they made us feel like we were the only party there and happily to accomodated our requests.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I thought the food was very good, but the atmosphere reminded me of going to the country club with my grandma as a child. Could just be because most of the patrons were in their latter years.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Not sure what the thrill of eating at Stresa was for us. It turned out to be an unpleasant dining experience for my guests and me. While the food was not bad, most of us found it basically average. What disturbed us the most was the noise level followed by the proximity of one table to another. (At one point, the conversation at the next table was so loud, all of us just quieted ourselves and gave them stares, but it really is the acoustical setup of this eatery itself.) Finally, servers need to pace themselves better describing food items and delivery thereof.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

With a great barrage of presumably Italian restaurants in the area you would think competition, and hence quality, would be high. This restaurant exemplifies vulnerability of above statement.
I avoid similar institutions, but had to visit because of the circumstances the other night. Absolutely tasteless watery swordfish carpaccio (I have know idea how they come up with such senseless dish). Even overdressing it with multiple ingredients does not help. Risotto - simply disgusting overcooked mush. I suspect it was made in rice cooker. They had managed to remove all the creaminess from rice. My friends reported that their food was tasteless as well. Very pretentious service. They seem to believe that parade of waiters can substitute the quality.
If you have an intention to sever your connection with Italian food, that would be a good place to justify it.

1  Thank dostrovs
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Everyone loves to have a special place to go to celebrate life's events, a place that is beautiful and filled with flowers, with a quiet and elegant ambience and with a whiff of romance in the air. For me, this place is Stresa. Always warmly greeted by Giorgio, our friendly host, you are made to feel that this is your home away from home. The staff is able to predict your needs (for more water or coffee, etc) and the food is delicious. The salads are fresh and inviting, and the fish tastes as it does it the restaurants of Italy. The desserts are varied, enticing and rich with flavor. My favorites include the Lemon Custard Pie and the Tiramisu. My husband would vote for the Italian cheesecake. I like to go here to meet and talk with friends, to celebrate birthdays, and to enjoy life's happy moments.