“The Royal Nastiness”

Travelodge Manhasset
Travelodge Manhasset
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manhasset
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The exterior view of this hotel is just as bad as the interior. I have no idea how they are passing any inspections with holes in their walls and toilets that do not flush. The man who works the night shift is very rude and unprofessional, he charged my girlfriend and I $90 for a run down, smelly room with a HORRIBLE mattress and when we arrived in the room we made a disgusting discovery. There was a used condom and wrapper thrown on the floor near the bed. My girlfriend and I were beyond disgusted, but because the weather was bad, we chose to stay as long as they discounted the price originally given to us, once the condom was cleaned up (which was already unreasonable and a bit greedy for the condition of the room) or gave us a different room. When I went down to the front desk, the man was rude and laughed in my face. He then agreed it was nasty but stated he already gave me a discounted rate at $90 and he couldn’t give me another room. He then told me I could leave, of course not willing to even refund my money; then threated to ban me from the Hotel if I made any bad reviews or called a Inspector - wonderful way to run a business. I asked for the Owners information and I was told he doesn't come into the office, I have yet to speak to him dispite my attempts. I wouldn't go here. Beware.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Candice O
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Manhasset

Reviewed 10 October 2012

This Place Is Horrible to say the least! roaches bedbugs, hookers screaming about payments. i would not recommend this place to a bum. tons of social service people that live there that keep the place unsanitary. dont know how they would stick this hell hole in the middle of a nice town like manhasset long island!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank george b
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This hotel is the same price as a much nicer set of hotels just down the road in bayside they are a run down shack of rooms walls falling apart drug dealer and prostitution all over this place no place for kids..the management has to be some of the rudest people I ever encountered and house keeping gives u one hand towel and one towel they have cock roaches and felt as if bugs were crawling on me while I slept omg plz stay away u will be happy u did
Ps when I arrived in my room it looked as though the shower was not cleaned at all some ones hair was all over the place two big thumbs down

• Stayed: March 2012
7  Thank supercool456
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Made huge mistake of staying at Royal Inn in Manhasset. room was dirty, tv remote did not work, toilet was child size(not joking, the seat was for a child because the bathroom was so small). The ceiling tiles were filthy, and some were missing. The bathroom light fixture was hanging down. The bed was so hard, i thought it was plywood. The wall paper was peeling from all the walls. The carpet was filthy. The fan in the bathroom was not working.
I went to the front desk after seeing the room. I asked for a refund, and told him that we did not want to stay there. He said there were no refunds. Without questioning what was wrong with the room, He switched us to "a better room".
1)if a better room was available, why was i given that room to begin with?
2)If he knew that room was disgusting, why is it not fixed?
The better room was only slightly better.
Avoid this place like the plague, which may have started at the Royal Inn. Went to Hampton Inn in Westbury on Jericho Turnpike for the remainder of our trip. For $30 more a night, totally worth it. SOOOOOO much nicer

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank pizzarick
Reviewed 4 May 2010

This motel is very expensive for what it offers. Breakfast was terrible only decafe coffee available. My room's AC was broken and sparking and casued the lights to dim to a 20 watt bulb. The lock broke on my door and first I was accused of breaking it, and was then told I couldn't get it fixed till the morning as no-one was available. I had to enter and leave my room by the window.
There was also a mix up regarding payment. A collegue was paying for me on card but I was asked to pay upfront with cash. I didn't have enough to pay for the 2 nights so paid one night. When I tried to get my money back it was if I was speaking another language to the desk clerk. He was so slow and idiotic. He charged my friend twice on his card. I wouldn't stay here unless absolultly necessary.

it is also quite noisy due to being right on the main road with cars constantly passing by.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank Iano2009
Reviewed 2 January 2010

The Royal Inn is now under new management, as of August 2008 and I must say they've done a FINE job! From afar, you can easily spot the property and the lobby has been very nicely decorated. The desk attendent was also very courteous. They also create a welcoming environment. The manager, Harry, came out and talked to me. it really made me feel great!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank sudhashamal
Reviewed 18 July 2008

For me the question is "would you recommend this place to a firend" and the answer for the Royal Inn is "no."

We stayed one night in late June, 2008, and had booked it only because every other property in the area was booked. We arrived around midnight. It's not in exactly the nicest part of Northern Blvd. The room felt cheap. The wall between the bath and bedroom was mirrored. The bedsheets were the cheapest grade - rough. In the morning, one of the two shower doors fell off. The free breakfast was served in this weird little room with tacky, fake wood paneling. The breakfast consisted of doughouts bought at Dunkin's and a few assorted things. It says something when the reception desk is behind plexiglass, like a bank teller.

We'd never go back there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank schulzwh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manhasset
Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection
#2 of 3 in Roslyn
Holiday Inn Express ROSLYN - MANHASSET AREA
Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn
Best Western Queens Gold Coast

Been to Travelodge Manhasset? Share your experiences!