“Great budget option with such kind staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
ONS Motel & Guest House Mauritius
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mahebourg
Hackney, null, United Kingdom
“Great budget option with such kind staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at ONS before flying home as it was so close to the airport and my flight was very early. I was super impressed with the place for the money I spent. The room was large, clean, great wifi. The staff were the best bit though I don't think I have ever been so well treated in a budget hotel. I got there much later than planned so it was night time and I got lost and ended up arriving by police car as they were the only people who knew where it was so had a hairy journey and arrived stressed. They immediately sorted me out and brought tea and snacks for my room free of charge. They then got me to the airport for my flight and were just super nice. I highly recommend it as a place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
13 Thank Kathryn T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The owner is incredibly loving and does everything for his guests! The last night we stayed there we were very sick, and he drove us to a private clinic in the middle of the night, looking after us very good. Very friendly staff as well, really this is TOP!!

The rooms are very clean, there is a big fitnessstudio and breakfast is included!
Thankyou!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Laura S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is a simple but very clean Guest House. Incredibly reasonable on price, clean rooms, quiet and safe location. What really makes ONS is the staff and as all the other reviews correctly point out, they really couldn't do enough for you! The owner and his son are great, however I spent more time with Eddy who is a real asset to the ONS! He is a super star and couldn't do enough for me to help even giving me a guided tour of Chamarel (Stunning tourist attraction) south of the island and even assisting me in taking me to a couple of work meetings and waiting and then finally dropping me off at the airport and wishing me a safe outward journey (It was like saying goodbye to a friend) I have stayed in many hotels all over the world from a 1 star to a 7 star in Dubai and I've realised what makes a stay is not a fancy lobby and bling, its good old fashioned & friendly hospitality and this place just oozes that!!! Well done ONS!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
12 Thank Damien T
ibrahim-0101, Gérant at ONS Motel & Guest House Mauritius, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the ONS Guesthouse. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel’s amenities& our team members! Should you return to Mauritius in the near future I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with us again. Best regards, ONS Management
Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Good location, near the waterfront & restaurant. good value, meeting nice people there. they are always ready to welcome you and treat you good. Available car rental also if you want to to go out by yourself. we can re command this place .

Room Tip: higher floors you get nice view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank peterawauh0266
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for having shared your experience of ONS Motel & Guest House on TripAdvisor.

It is nice to read that you had a nice stay with us and we are glad to read that you will recommend us. We will be happy to receive you again for your next trip to Mauritius.
Bern, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed there for 2 weeks - its an ideal place for a homebase for active holidays (a rented car is helpful). Its in the middle of the small town and all shops and some restaurants are close. You dont have really traffic jams. I liked it a lot.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank Juerg W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the ONS Guesthouse. Should you return to Mauritius in the near future I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with us.

Best regards, ONS Management
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

The great reviews about ONS are all true. Spent a wonderful week in their company. They couldn't do enough for me.They arranged for me to visit the entire, beautiful, island paradise that is Mauritius.The hotel is minutes in the car from the airport (a very quite airport, you won't hear a thing),Mahebourg is an untouristy part of real Mauritius, seemed safe and friendly.ONS itself is very clean,safe and new.The real star was Eddy,who did everything.A wonderful guide to the island. All round great guy.Whatever they pay him they should double it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank paul b
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with our team . And are pleased to have contributed to the success of your trip in the south of the island.

We will be happy to receive you again for your next trip at our Guest House ONS.

Thanks,
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed for 5 days while we rented a car, safe location, police station near by (not that it mattered) it was a very safe place, even though it is on the main road. Its close to the airport and the staff are very friendly. Would love to go back again!!

Room Tip: We did not specify a location and got a good room on the top floor that overlooked the mosque
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank logintoreality
Dear Guest,

Thanks you to have take the time to leave your impression about our Guest House ONS.
we are pleased to read that you have enjoy your stay and like the emplacement.

Thanks you,
Regards from ONS Management,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahebourg
Cocotiers Seaside Boutik Hotel
Preskil Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Mahebourg
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,383 reviews
Mont Choisy Coral Azur Beach Resort
Mont Choisy Coral Azur Beach Res...
#2 of 10 in Trou aux Biches
Tropical Attitude
Tropical Attitude
#2 of 8 in Trou d'eau Douce
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,472 reviews
Le Grand Bleu Hotel
Le Grand Bleu Hotel
#7 of 10 in Trou aux Biches

Been to ONS Motel & Guest House Mauritius? Share your experiences!