“Great Stay, Great Service”

3Ds International Tourist Home
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Great Stay, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed at the 3Ds Tourist home on our first day in Mauritius after a long journey. We wanted to stay somewhere close to the airport so we could get some sleep before continuing on to another resort.

We found it affordable, and the service spectacular for our one night stay.

We aren't saying it is a 4-star hotel, but it was great for what we needed which was a reasonably priced hotel, near the airport.

Despite the 3d Tourist home not being a 4-star hotel, we found the service 5 star. The owners were very kind, polite and extremely friendly.

They even offered to pick us up from the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was staying in Mauritius as a stopover on my way from Australia to Europe and just wanted a place close to the airport to rest and this hotel fit the bill perfectly. They picked me up from the airport, drove me to get some takeaway for dinner and carried all my luggage up the stairs. The next day I didn't depart until 10pm, but they let me keep the room until my airport transfer and spent the day taking me to some local attractions (all at no extra charge) and to a encounter with some lion cubs that really made the trip special.

Free wi-fi in the room (which was a good speed) and very helpful staff willing to help with whatever I needed.

Very happy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank foxygirlACT
Vaucluse, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

During a 36-hour stopover in Mauritius I was looking for reasonably priced accommodation near the airport and an opportunity to see a bit of the island. 3Ds offered both. I was picked up from the airport by Deelan who together with his family runs the hotel, or Tourist Home, and who also offered his services as a tour guide for the next day. 3Ds is located in a residential area, so don't expect any great views nor the usual tourist amenities. I was warmly welcomed, and as soon as I entered the premises I was reminded of the excellent movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which I had watched on my flight over. 3Ds is a work in progress. My first-floor room had what appeared to be a newly installed shower and toilet. There was also a flat screen TV with very adventurous wiring around it. I failed to get reception, but that might have been me. The bed was big and comfortable. There was plenty of lighting and seating. To prevent the neighbours from looking in, all the curtains were drawn. It was not a room I'd want to spend a whole day in, but it was great for a bit of a rest and a good night's sleep. I had booked it for two nights, although I didn't really need it on the second day as I was touring the island with Deelan for most of that day. Still, it was good to come back to to freshen up before my long flight home. Breakfast was served on the third-floor terrace which, in spite of the washing hanging out to dry, was much more attractive than my own terrace. I was perfectly happy with my continental-style breakfast, and there was plenty of it. I can certainly recommend 3Ds for a 1- or 2-night stopover, or longer if you are budget-conscious and not looking for a beach holiday. Deelan is a mine of information and you will learn a lot about Mauritius if you go on a tour with him. I'm really glad that I decided to spend a day on the island on my way home to Australia.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank lutzy
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

My husband and I had a short stop over in Mauritius this month and we needed somewhere close to the airport. What a beautifully run family business. Transfers included, gorgeous room, breakfast included on the roof top terrace and even drove us somewhere beautiful for dinner, all of this was no hassle and was very reasonably priced. Thank you so much.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donmal
kampala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

My wife and me we spent one week in Mauritius at the end of March 2013. We rented a car at the airport and we headed to Mahebourg. We spent the first night here and it was the perfect location to stay. Dylan, his brother and father were very kind, the room was nice and clean, breakfast OK. They made us very comfortable and they gave us helpful information about the island. They also provide us transportation to the restaurants in Mahebourg without any charge. To underline that If someone want to rent a car, they can also provide a better car at a better rate than agencies you can find at the Airport. We spent also the last night before leaving, and this was perfect with their assistance to the Airport. We wanted once more to thank 3D International for the positive image that they give us about island and their people.
eve & andrea

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ilreblui
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

I recommend this hotel, the service is impeccable, the owners are at your listening and doing all that is possible for you. I've been twice for professional reasons.
the rooms are very clean, the internet is free, possibility to connect multiple PCs at the same time, very rare things.
I have stayed there 2 times (4 and 5 days) and for my next trip to Mauritius I will book this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Made to feel welcome here and I found it to be an unbeatably strategic location to explore this tropical island. It is handy for Blue Bay, the central bus station, the airport and the capital city in just over an hour on the express coach. Breakfasts are more than adequate and in house laundry is very good value.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Dorvil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mahebourg
Preskil Beach Resort
Le Grand Bleu Hotel
#7 of 10 in Trou aux Biches
Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel
ONS Motel & Guest House Mauritius

Been to 3Ds International Tourist Home? Share your experiences!