“Small bistro serving authentic food.”
Review of Chez Henri

Chez Henri
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mahebourg
Chez Henri
Ranked #12 of 19 Mahebourg B&B and Inns
Romford Essex
“Small bistro serving authentic food.”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We ate in the Bistro, which is small but quite charming. When requesting vegetarian menu, I was asked what I liked, so I said ' surprise me!'. My starter was spinach gratin, which is very green in appearance so it tasted far better than it looks! I was than served a delicious veggie curry, with the best seasoned carrots I have ever had! It was not very hot, so you can add chilli heat from the separate green chilli sauce dish if you prefer. It was just right for me.
For the dessert I took the 'combination', a reasonable size portion of three dishes, chocolate mousse (no gelatine!) lemon tart and creme caramel. They were all delicious and not too rich. We experienced excellent, friendly service, very good food and an intimate ambience. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting this area.
I cannot say if it were value for money as I was treated to the meal.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Business
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We were at Chez Henri for a few days and came back there after we made a round trip over the island. It was a very nice stay and the owners are gergous and very nice. The cleaning of the rooms could be better, but I think cameleons are always dirty. We would always come back here!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank THa187309
Varese, Italy
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The owners of this guesthouse could not care less about their property and the well being of their guests. The rooms are old, dirty and are exposed to road noise, the air condition poorly working and the furniture dated. They pretend they are friendly but in the check-out I was asked you to pay more than agreed (they are very creative with the euro/rupiah rate) and I never got a receipt (btw do the tax authorities care?). If you are fool enough to send a deposit by bank transfer they will charge you the commission of their bank! Of course you don’t need to send a deposit as the guesthouse has a justified bad reputation and you can find a room even in peak season (Xmas) by walking in without reservation. You should of course first try to find accommodation elsewhere but if everything else is full Chez Henri would probably have vacant rooms and the price, even including the rip-off in the check-out, is cheap. On the positive side, the beach is superb and in walking distance and the breakfast (in the claustrophobic garden) good.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank NikosItalia
hamburg
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This very nice place is adjacent to a perfect (and almost emty) beach with very good corals for snorkeling just 5 meters offshore. The hosts are pleasant and helpfull, rooms are large and feature w-lan, aircon,... Mahebourg is reached by bus or taxi in 5 minutes, restaurants are plenty in Mahebourg or Blue Bay. Despite the rainy season there wasn't a single mosquito.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple