This was the first time we had visited Mauritius, and we stayed at the Preskil Beach Resort for 10 nights between 23rd October and 2 November 2013 for our honeymoon. It was amazing! We went on an all inclusive board basis which we would highly recommend. The choice of food and drinks is brilliant, and everything is clearly marked to show what is and isn't included in the all inclusive package. We ate at both the Tapas restaurant (not actually tapas food) and The Chakra, and the meals were fantastic. We are always slightly worried about buffet style food, but the buffet at the Preskil for breakfast, lunch and dinner, is varied, fresh and delicious. There is also the option to eat in the Spice bar at lunchtime, and the burgers, sandwiches and salads there were equally as nice. The setting of the hotel is unbelievable, paradise! We stayed in a Prestige beach front cottage away from the main resort. The room was nice, but nothing special, but that was fine as your patio doors open right out onto the beach and the views are amazing which is what you go for. We got up early one morning and just walked out of our room to watch the sunrise which was amazing! The rooms were cleaned everyday if youwant them to be, and the mini bar is re-stocked. All the staff at the resort were so friendly and helpful, although we had a slight problem with one of the managers after there was a bit of confusion over some charges which were added to our final invoice despite us being on an all inclusive package so we would suggest always checking the receipt you are signing to ensure the balance is 0.00 if you do go all inclusive. It will save you having to deal with the food/beverage manager who at one point tried to blackmail us into paying for drinks which we were told were all inclusive, which was a real shame as all the other staff at the Preskil were fantastic. The waiter service on the beach was brilliant, as was the option to put your red flag up so that you weren't disturbed if you didn't want to be. As part of our honeymoon package we got a free couples massage at the spa, which was fantastic, as was the candle lit meal for two, which we had to pay a supplement for which was something we weren't told when we booked our honeymoon, but it was well worth it. We chose the gazebo, which the hotel decorated for us; we had our own waiter, and music and it was the perfect way to end our honeymoon. Whilst we were there we rented a car for 2 days and drove around the island. We organised the car through the front desk at the hotel which was much cheaper, it worked out about £40 a day, and it was delivered on time, with the option of a sat nav if you wanted one although the island is really easy to navigate as its so small! We visited Port Louis and then drove to some beaches on the north of the island, and then also drove through the national park to the Chamerel rum factory. Don't be put off by how close the hotel is to the airport, its only about a 10-15 minute transfer, but we must have only heard 2 planes fly over during our 10 night stay because the general flight paths mean that planes just don't fly over the resort. We had the perfect honeymoon, and would definitely return to Mauritius, and the Preskil, it was perfect!!
Things we would recommend - Chamerel rum factory, travel the island, Tapas and Chakra restaurant, candle lit dinner, watch the sunrise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Preskil Beach Resort is the only hotel in Mauritius to be on a private peninsula, with approximately 750 meters of beach, boasts of its exclusive location, its breathtaking turquoise coloured lagoon and its luxurious and fascinating natural surroundings. Located on the southeast coast of the island, just 15 minutes from the airport, from the historical village of Mahebourg and from the marine park of Blue Bay, this 4-star hotel, which came into being a few decades earlier, captivates all those who cross its threshold to enjoy its beautiful and enchanting surroundings. The refined and understated luxury of Preskil Beach Resort projects itself as being elegant without being intrusive, and blends harmoniously with the typical Creole architectural style of Mauritius, giving it a unique status of holiday, leisure and relaxation. You will only want one thing: to come back again… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Preskil Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius Hotel Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Hotel Mauritius
- Preskil Hotel
- Preskil Beach Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius/Mahebourg