My husband and I recently stayed at Preskil on a Kuoni special offer and weren't disappointed.
We got off to a bad start when we arrived very early in the morning having not slept overnight, and had to wait until 2pm to access our room. I really feel the hotel should address this.
The minute we booked into our room however, we were happy. We were in a lagoon room with and excellent sea view and balcony. The room was very clean with a large bed and en-suite. We had lovely toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities and a mini bar which we were able to use to chill drinks we bought from the local supermarket.
We declined the all inclusive option and found that breakfast and evening meal was plenty for us. After reading trip advisor before we went, I was expecting drinks to be very expensive. Wine was available at £15 bottle ( there were many more expensive ones ) and beer at £2-20, which isn't unreasonable in a hotel. The local supermarket, a 20 min walk away, had a good selection of all drinks at reasonable prices.
Meals in the main Spices restaurant were all buffet style and there was an abundance of choice for starters and mains. Desserts weren't really to our liking so we just had extra starters or mains.
We had a disappointing meal at the steak house with poor service, but when we mentioned this, they asked us to give them a second chance, and we were given a night to remember, which certainly made up for our previous disappointment. Our evening dinner in a beach gazebo at the beach tapas bar was also a wonderful dining experience. We can thoroughly recommend the lobster and biggest prawns of our life.
Unlike the Maldives, there was plenty to do and see, and the island is beautiful with many interesting geological features. We preferred Mauritius to Barbados and will probably be back in the future. If you like warm turquoise sea, good food and drink with friendly people, this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Preskil Beach Resort is the only hotel in Mauritius to be on a private peninsula, with approximately 750 meters of beach, boasts of its exclusive location, its breathtaking turquoise coloured lagoon and its luxurious and fascinating natural surroundings. Located on the southeast coast of the island, just 15 minutes from the airport, from the historical village of Mahebourg and from the marine park of Blue Bay, this 4-star hotel, which came into being a few decades earlier, captivates all those who cross its threshold to enjoy its beautiful and enchanting surroundings. The refined and understated luxury of Preskil Beach Resort projects itself as being elegant without being intrusive, and blends harmoniously with the typical Creole architectural style of Mauritius, giving it a unique status of holiday, leisure and relaxation. You will only want one thing: to come back again… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TravelUp, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Preskil Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius Hotel Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Hotel Mauritius
- Preskil Hotel
- Preskil Beach Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius/Mahebourg