The accommodation was good and staff were really friendly and accommodating. We stayed in one of the Prestige Cottages on the ground floor. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished. The hotel is not one of the bigger ones but it was a very relaxing place to stay.
The food at the main restaurant was very mediocre in the evenings and we often asked one of the staff to make us up a pizza with our own toppings that we had collected from other parts of the restaurant ;) Breakfasts was the usual buffet but were ok. I think the only real topic that came up when we chatted to other guests about the hotel was the disappointment in the meals. On the last evening we had a special dinner for 2 on the beach and this food came from there steak house restaurant and was quite good. We didn't try the tapas restaurant.
The hotel messed up our booking in terms of the honeymoon extras that we were supposed to receive. But after contacting our travel agent and chatting to the front desk all was resolved and they added extra time in the spa to make up for this.
- We made use of the dive centre at the hotel. They were very professional and we had 2 fantastic dives. The first being of the Sirus 1810 wreck in the lagoon and the second the coral gardens. A very big thanks to Dominic from Coral Diving for making this very special and making my wife feel comfortable and confident enough to join us for the second dive as part of her introduction to scuba :)
- Beach was lovely and clean. A beautiful setting and the water warm and clear.
- Trip to Gabriel Island by catamaran.
- Speed boat tour of the east side of the island with snorkelling and visiting old ruins and a fantastic lunch of fresh sea food on the beach along our trip.
- Being pulled along the lagoon in an air filled couch behind the speed boat.
- The spa at the resort was very nice and relaxing. Definitely worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Preskil Beach Resort is the only hotel in Mauritius to be on a private peninsula, with approximately 750 meters of beach, boasts of its exclusive location, its breathtaking turquoise coloured lagoon and its luxurious and fascinating natural surroundings. Located on the southeast coast of the island, just 15 minutes from the airport, from the historical village of Mahebourg and from the marine park of Blue Bay, this 4-star hotel, which came into being a few decades earlier, captivates all those who cross its threshold to enjoy its beautiful and enchanting surroundings. The refined and understated luxury of Preskil Beach Resort projects itself as being elegant without being intrusive, and blends harmoniously with the typical Creole architectural style of Mauritius, giving it a unique status of holiday, leisure and relaxation. You will only want one thing: to come back again… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Preskil Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius Hotel Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Hotel Mauritius
- Preskil Hotel
- Preskil Beach Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius/Mahebourg