Visited here for 10 nights late September, cannot fault the location, a short drive from the airport, but not in a place that troubles you with aircraft noise, in fact it is extremely quiet and peaceful. A word of caution, most of the UK flights appear to get here early in the morning, we had endured a 12 hour flight with Air Mauritius (not for the faint hearted!). I suppose we were being over optimistic in expecting our room to be ready, but it wasn't. We were initially told to come back at 11am, we did, it still wasn't ready. Anyway after some moaning and groaning we got in around 12pm. The hotel can't really be blamed for this, check out is 11am, but our travel agent made no reference to this and the first thing we needed to do was freshen up. In fairness to the hotel there is a changing room with showers. My advice, have your swimwear and washbag close to the top of your luggage, get sorted and go find a sun lounger for a few hours sleep. By the way we didn't get a cocktail or drink offered!
We had what was termed a 'cottage', close to the beach and very nice, well equipped, very clean and no complaints, has tea and coffee making facilities with a TV, with a fair selection of films (there is not a great deal to do here in the evenings).
A few hints and tips;
1. Taxis booked at the hotel will be at least double as compared to the ones you can find nearby, so if you want to save yourself some cash, walk out of the gate, turn right and within minutes there will be a number of drivers asking you if you need a taxi, barter with them and get their price down.
2. Trips booked within the hotel are again expensive, you can find a taxi driver who will give you a tour of the island for a very reasonable price. Our driver was a really nice guy, called Monsieur Hansa, very friendly and knowledgeable about the island. There is a bit of a scam they are all involved with on the island that you need to be aware of, our driver was very up front and honest about it but I'm guessing they won't all be. Here's how it goes, the driver will take you to a 'factory' shop, or a number of. For bringing the customers into the building they get a voucher from the owner which entitles them to 2 litres or so of petrol. So be ready for this and don't feel forced to buy anything, it doesn't matter to the driver they get the voucher in any event.
3. The hotel catamaran tour is great, it's a new boat, the crew are excellent and the food is good. Another tip here, take some cash with you, we didn't think we would need any so I didn't. The reason is that whilst snorkelling you will have the opportunity to para-sail and on the island that you visit there is a small market where you can buy souvenirs.
4. Hotel prices are very expensive, we were half board, so if you want to eat at the hotel on this basis, dig deep. There is a supermarket a short walk away (London Way), not exactly a scenic walk but you can't have everything. Here you will also find a gathering of taxi drivers to barter with.
5. The hotel is marketed towards honeymoons and weddings and is as such very much a couples hotel. We enjoyed our time there, the beach is lovely and there are some fantastic views. Canoes, pedaloes, windsurfing, sailing and snorkelling all free on the beach.
6. Go to Casela Wildlife Park and do 'Walk with Lions' and the quadbiking, fantastic!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Preskil Beach Resort is the only hotel in Mauritius to be on a private peninsula, with approximately 750 meters of beach, boasts of its exclusive location, its breathtaking turquoise coloured lagoon and its luxurious and fascinating natural surroundings. Located on the southeast coast of the island, just 15 minutes from the airport, from the historical village of Mahebourg and from the marine park of Blue Bay, this 4-star hotel, which came into being a few decades earlier, captivates all those who cross its threshold to enjoy its beautiful and enchanting surroundings. The refined and understated luxury of Preskil Beach Resort projects itself as being elegant without being intrusive, and blends harmoniously with the typical Creole architectural style of Mauritius, giving it a unique status of holiday, leisure and relaxation. You will only want one thing: to come back again… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Preskil Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius Hotel Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Hotel Mauritius
- Preskil Hotel
- Preskil Beach Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius/Mahebourg