Our wonderful honeymoon experience at Le Preskil started from the moment we stepped out of our taxi. The service and welcome of every member of staff could not have been better judged.
Although we arrived at 9am, after being able to shower and change, within an hour our room was ready for us and what a lovely room it was. We stayed in one of the Prestige Cottages that looked out to sea. What a view!
The main room was generously sized with a massive bed (!) looking out to sea, telly, dressing table, hairdryer, tea/coffee making facilities, big wardrobes with a built-in safe, and double doors out to our private terrace. The bathroom was also good sized with a great corner bath and powerful and hot shower, The toilet was in a separate room.
The rooms are cleaned every morning and there's a turnover service every evening.
The food is excellent. We were 'all-inclusive' and were pleasantly surprised at the quality and variety of the food on offer at all mealtimes. As well as the main buffet restaurant, there are also 2 separate a la carte restaurants - pre-booking is required for these but all-inclusive provides unlimited use at no extra charge.
We were also pleased that the all-inclusive package allowed a large selection from the Wine List, rather than the usual nasty house wine that we've had to endure at other all-inclusive resorts. The bar waiter service was excellent, all staff could not do too much for you, and the menu includes a wide range of cocktails and local and international beers and spirits. I recommend the New Grove Brun rum!!
The beach, although artificial, was clean and had more than enough comfortable sun loungers with plenty of shade. Beach Boys were on hand to take drink/food orders from the comfort of your lounger, whilst the licenced Beach Hawkers were unobtrusive. Plenty of activities are on offer, including free water-skiing, wind-surfing, pedal boats, kayaks, glass bottom boat trip, snorkelling and tennis.
Entertainment was pretty standard fare - however we did particularly enjoy the Mauritian cultural evening.
Because we were honeymooners we were treated to a Candlelit dinner which we chose to have in the seafront Gazebo. Having it in the the Gazebo costs an extra €50, but is worth every cent - an experience not to be missed!
Every Wednesday evening 6pm to 7pm, is the Manager's Cocktail Party. Free cocktails all round! It should be noted that the management though make a real effort to speak to all guests - not just on Cocktail night.
Would recommend that whilst there that you enjoy a Spa experience, we were given a complimentary duo massage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Preskil Beach Resort is the only hotel in Mauritius to be on a private peninsula, with approximately 750 meters of beach, boasts of its exclusive location, its breathtaking turquoise coloured lagoon and its luxurious and fascinating natural surroundings. Located on the southeast coast of the island, just 15 minutes from the airport, from the historical village of Mahebourg and from the marine park of Blue Bay, this 4-star hotel, which came into being a few decades earlier, captivates all those who cross its threshold to enjoy its beautiful and enchanting surroundings. The refined and understated luxury of Preskil Beach Resort projects itself as being elegant without being intrusive, and blends harmoniously with the typical Creole architectural style of Mauritius, giving it a unique status of holiday, leisure and relaxation. You will only want one thing: to come back again… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Preskil Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius Hotel Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Hotel Mauritius
- Preskil Hotel
- Preskil Beach Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius/Mahebourg