Very close to airport, however far away from the main capital (Port Louis). People friendly. Be adventurous and try the local bus. Take the bus to Mahebourg from outside the hotel ( leaving approx every 30minutes from the hotel bus stop (approx 20minutes past the hour and 10 minutes to the hour and costs14-15 ruppee one way) and the the bus to Port Louis (28 ruppees one way). Takes 90-120 minutes depending as to Traffic.
Taxis for the day costs approx 4000-4500 ruppees from the hotel and approx 2500 when taken from the streets. This was for a whole day rental taking you anyway on the Island.
Mahebourg has a monday market for local goods.
Must do the catarmaran trip from the hotel to "ils aux cerf", on board all inclusive BBQ and limited drinks. Takes you to out for snorkelling and sunbathing. The hotel main restaurant's buffet food was okay but do try the "a la carte" restaurants at an additional 10 euros per person.
Get your drinks if you are not on an "all inclusive package" from the "London Supermarket" approx 15-20 minutes slow walk from the hotel. Leave the resort and turn right, its will be on the left hand side.
You have to pay for wireless internet at 2 euros per day, internet reception variable in the rooms but better in the lobby and restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Preskil Beach Resort is the only hotel in Mauritius to be on a private peninsula, with approximately 750 meters of beach, boasts of its exclusive location, its breathtaking turquoise coloured lagoon and its luxurious and fascinating natural surroundings. Located on the southeast coast of the island, just 15 minutes from the airport, from the historical village of Mahebourg and from the marine park of Blue Bay, this 4-star hotel, which came into being a few decades earlier, captivates all those who cross its threshold to enjoy its beautiful and enchanting surroundings. The refined and understated luxury of Preskil Beach Resort projects itself as being elegant without being intrusive, and blends harmoniously with the typical Creole architectural style of Mauritius, giving it a unique status of holiday, leisure and relaxation. You will only want one thing: to come back again… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Preskil Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius Hotel Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Hotel Mauritius
- Preskil Hotel
- Preskil Beach Mahebourg
- Preskil Beach Resort Mauritius/Mahebourg