“Interesting antique store, with not your usual stuff...”
Review of Discoveries

Discoveries
Miami, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Interesting antique store, with not your usual stuff...”
Reviewed 30 September 2008

What makes for a great antique store? Well, whatever it is, Discoveries in Margaretville has it. A wide selection of antiques, unusual jewelry, art, strange unclassfiable stuff, and not one visible ounce of potpourri-these are the things that I appreciate in a place like this. But, Discoveries has another sterling gem: the delightful owner of the place, Francis Kingsley Eichner. Francis is a warm, engaging person, with high energy and a wealth of information on antiques at hand. She designs her own unique jewelry, which she sells in the store, along with other artist's works. When I was in the shop, she had a lot of Mexican art with "Day of the Dead" subject matter. Prices are good, and Francis is open to discussion on price. Talking with her is delightful, as is scratching the head of her large faithful, friendly dog, whose name I have, unfortunately, forgotten. If you are on Main Street in this pretty town, you need to stop by and see her and the store. Even though I didn't buy anything on my visit there, I got a big hug from Francis when I left. It's that kind of place.

2 Thank Jivermo46