“Anniversary brunch”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Margaretville
Clifton Park Center, New York, United States
“Anniversary brunch”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely brunch today. The food was very good and the view was excellent. We were celebrating an anniversary and the atmosphere was relaxing and completely enjoyable. You can't beat the price. $12 less a $2 coupon. We has a nice time. Highly recommend.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Helen G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cranford, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed at the Hanah this past weekend with my husband and 3 kids. I stumbled upon the hotel when the first one I tried was booked. I am glad I did!! This hotel was perfect for our needs. Here is the breakdown:

Lodge: Very friendly staff. My kids were not only tolerated, but really felt like they were welcomed also. The room we reserved included dinners off of the pub menu and breakfast in the morning. The second night that we stayed, my husband and I upgraded to the full menu for an additional charge. The food was very good. Much better than what I was expecting. The kids menu was large enough with several choices and big portions. Even big enough to satisfy my 9 year old (who is a big eater). The game room was a big hit, and the kids loved playing ping pong and Wii. There is also pool and air hockey, but those required quarters to play. There is hot coffee, cocoa and tea available all the time along with the "candy bar" that included candy, nuts, and fruit. The fire was lovely and although we didn't really spend time in there, the pub had a nice crowd in the evening.

Room: The room was big enough for our whole family with two queen size beds and a pull out loveseat. There is a fridge in the room for beverages/snacks for the kids. One warning, though, we stayed in the handicapped accessible room (104) so they had the fridge up on a small end table. I assume it is so those in wheelchairs can easily reach, but it makes it a bit dangerous for young children. When my 4 year old tried to open the fridge he nearly pulled it off of the table. Please monitor your young children by the fridge if you encounter this. Maybe the management should consider some kind of safety bracket to attach the fridge making it safer. Room was clean, but there is no heat in the bathroom, so the floor in there was cold.

Amenities: The pool was great and the kids really enjoyed it. It is an outside walk to the pool, but there is a locker room in the building so you can dry off before the walk back to your room. There are also showers in the locker room which we used because it is faster to shower the whole family when there is more than one to use:) I found the hot tub perfect! It was warm and relaxing after a day of skiing. The day we were there the temps had gotten into the lower 30s, so the water was great! There is a small workout room also, but I didn't use it at all.

We would definitely return when in the area to ski at Belleayre again! They participate in the ski and stay program, so we got free lift tickets for the kids when we purchased ours.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TaraM_3
Arkville, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My daughter recently got married at Hanah. The event staff was easy to work with and the service was friendly and efficient. The food was very good. Everyone from the management all the way down to the bus boys worked hard to give my daughter a dream wedding. Our out town guests found the hotel rooms clean and nicely furnished. The bridal suite is outstanding. The views from the main lodge are gorgeous. An excellent wedding venue any time of the year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gene r
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We went to Hanah for a ski weekend, and found the staff and hotel lovely. First, the food is outstanding. The restaurant and bar area are both inviting. The lobby is stocked with candy and hot drinks, and the there is a gas fire to sit in front of. Unfortunately on our second night there was a wedding so we had to eat in the fluorescent-lit game room - and it was a not nearly so good because it was a buffet. The hotel setting is beautiful, but you need to walk outside to get to the pool, the dining hall, etc. so when it is 15 degrees that is something to think about. Every time we asked the staff for something, they were helpful and friendly, and everyone tried their best. It just seemed they did not have the resources to make a true "ski lodge" experience. Here are some of the poor details we found:
1. the outdoor jacuzzi felt like it was set at about 85 degrees - brrrr! The woman at the front desk said hotter was "dangerous". So that and the lukewarm pool meant no swimming or jacuzzi for us. The sauna was nice and hot, but little unsupervised kids were running in and out and making it not so relaxing
2. the game room was not set up because of aforementioned wedding. Our girls were allowed to play Wii in a storage area. (which was fine, but just a little weird)
3. the shower in the room was not hot
4. THIS was the worst - the fire alarm, or some kind of piercingly loud alarm, went off at 5 in the morning and kept going off and on until 6. The front desk is closed from 12-7 so there was nothing we could do but suffer.

Room Tip: When it is freezing, you might want to be closer to the main lodge.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank gerritully
golfersworld, Manager at Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for bring us your valuable comment. Hearing feedback such as yours is always of great concern to us. We’re greatly sorry you had an inconvenient experience with us during your stay.Regarding the temperature of Jacuzzi, we have been instructed a certain temperature by health department. We understand this winter is extremely cold compare to other year, you felt our Jacuzzi was not warm enough. About the fire alarm, unfortunately sensor of boiler system reacted frequently due to the unexpected severe weather.
Again, we greatly apologize for all issues you had. Your immediate feedback during the stay helps us to correct the problem, so you leave knowing they were important to us and the success of our business.
Hopefully see you soon.
Debra Storms
New York City
Reviewed 12 February 2014

As most NYC resident's know, it's a must to escape the hustle-n-bustle at times, even if it's just over the weekend to somewhere outside of the city.

In this case, we decided on the place of the Cattskill Mountains. I have been up here once before and stayed at a nice B&B but we wanted to try something different and new this winter. Props to the Plattekill Ski Resort for having Hanah Resort on their list of 'accommodations'.

Now, I must say, and give my first warning/opinion - I did not get the 'Wow' factor from their website or pictures, but please do not let that discourage you from booking (keep reading). When I called the resort, great professional greeting and I promptly began my requests for our group. I was informed of things to do at the hotel, things in the area, along with food options on-site, etc. Hey, this is a requirement for people like me who do not know that area - it is the mountains after all!

Arriving well after 8pm in which the entire town or roads are pitch black, the directions we had been given were spot on. Simple turn here, a simple turn there, and you come across Hanah's huge welcoming sign. The Clubhouse aka lobby is beautiful and we began our check-in process. Meeting everyone in person was a huge delight and they had smiles from ear to ear which I would know being an hotelier was not fake at all! After such a long drive, that made me say “We’ve arrived!”

Having a room on the second floor was nicer for a bit better of a look-out view along with a nice small balcony to every room. (picture attached for Sunrise) If you’re expecting marble flooring or TV’s in the bathroom, you picked the wrong place. The rooms itself are very spacious. (NYC people we know what this means!) I do believe every room comes with 2 Queens so it’s perfect for more than a couple in one room. Mini-fridges, coffee maker, hairdryer and more. Quickly jumping to the nighttime, is that you do not hear a sound at all. The curtains go over one another not letting light in at all, which I fancy most.

Another building that is between the lobby and the guesthouse where the rooms are is the Pool/Fitness Center. A quick confusion on which door to enter for you have 3 exterior doors labeled Men, Fitness room, Women – I know it sounds simple and basic but if you’re not paying attention, on the phone, or with a group you will all walk in (1) door and just might get slapped or a scream. Right? The indoor pool is a nice size and plentiful for the amount of guests that would be there if a full house. Going further back is the outdoor jacuzzi which was the best hit for our group. Sitting out in the Jacuzzi at night with steam rising and chatting or looking at the night stars was bliss after a day of skiing or snowboarding.

Our group was scattered for the food times but breakfast was buffet style and from what I was told, stopped immediately at 9:30am. (check times of course if you’re going). We had a dinner reservation for our entire group for a Saturday night and for the most part was very nice. A few misses here and there on the service but OK.

Overall, we absolutely loved our weekend stay and will be back in wintery month. I heard this place is great to stay for Spring golfers so check it out!

Oh, one last thing if you decide on Hanah – Need anything that you would normally buy at a pharmacy/grocery store/ drugstore, etc – get it on the way there a good 10 mins before you are expected to arrive. If you need to go out and get something you will drive a good 10 mins out. (As we were told, the HESS gas station or the opposite direction is the Margaretville town of a Sunoco)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank NYCEyez
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I was invited to a friend's party recently and I was amazed at the quality of food and service, especially the event planner who was very professional and caring for this special occasion.
Phil Miller

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank stoliedog
vineland, nj
Reviewed 29 January 2014

After doing my internet homework I decided on Hanah Mountain Resort. It appeared to be a little off the beaten path and that appealed to us. We only stayed one night, but arrived early enough to enjoy some time in the hot tub after skiing all day. We had purchased the full meal package with our room. I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical, but I wanted an easy, no-fuss trip. We had dinner in the main dining room, there were a few other families, the food and service were quite good. It was a four-course meal, soup, salad, entree, and dessert and the package also included a full, hot breakfast buffet which was as good as any 3-4 star hotel breakfast I've had in the past. And while I don't think it's fair to quote the price in a TripAdvisor review, we thought it was a fantastic deal. Oh, and by the way, we got discounted lift tickets to nearby Bellayre too!

The room was also very nice -- comfortable and clean, good beds, small balcony with woods view. The pool and hot tub and sauna were also very welcome. In the summer they have a whole golf thing going on so the vibe might be different. For a cold winter weekend in January in the western Catskills, the service, the amenities, the quiet and woodsy setting it was just what the doctor ordered. We will definitely be going back and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: All the rooms appeared to be about the same and all faced the same view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 2312luke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Margaretville
Hotel Vienna
#1 of 2 in Margaretville
Starlite Motel
Starlite Motel
#1 of 2 in Big Indian

Been to Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club? Share your experiences!