“Prime Rib Wasn't”

Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Margaretville
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Celebrated my 50th High School Reunion here. The location is fantastic. It has the views I grew up with. The meal was very good. However the beef even though good was not in my opinion prime rib. I felt disrespected being served an inferior (in my opinion) cut of beef.

The company was exceptional, but we brought our own.

I can only comment on the setting and the meal as I didn't stay there.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank John S

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hanah resort has been our little getaway from city living for about 5 years now. So when we decided to get married somewhere special, there was no doubt Hanah's was our first choice. When I contacted their event planner (Jeannette) about having our ceremony and reception at the resort, she was very informative and took great amount of time in making sure this is what I wanted and to find out what my needs were. Being a bride on a budget can be difficult but they were willing to work with my needs and wants.

We ended up having our wedding here July 26th, 2014 and I am so thankful we did!
The ceremony was beautiful, we had it on their beautiful deck, and the cocktail hour that followed. Between the beautiful vistas and great appetizers and the attentive waitstaff the atmosphere was unforgettable.

Our wedding reception took place inside their fireside lounge and it was just what I envisioned. Everything was set up exactly how I wanted, and the staff made sure everybody had enough to drink and eat. Our dinner was superb, and one of my guests, a NYC chef agreed that the food was excellent.
Our friends and family had a great time and that was very important to us. Most of our guests stayed at the resort for the weekend, which gave them an opportunity to have a mini vacation and did not have to worry about traveling back after the wedding.

I would like to thank all of the staff for their help and kindness and especially Jeannete for being so patient and involved in making sure our event runs smoothly.

We cannot wait to come back for our 1 year anniversary!!!!!!!

Ilana Ziegler

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ilona n
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My ladies golf league just returned from a two day stay at Hanah. This was our third year going.
The golf was great and the course is challenging, look out for the fast greens !
I noticed an earlier review, remarked about the food. We found dinner to be delicious, ample choices, and the recommended steak, was perfect, along
with the soup and salad bar. What could be better, the staff is extremely helpful, and we will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank 793caroll
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked 3 rooms for 3 nights in connection with a business trip a week in advance ofr our arrival. When we realized that we would finish early, we sought to change our reservations. They refused to honor this and claimed they had a 2 week cancellation notice policy. What a ripoff.

The first morning we were there, we went to the restaurant for breakfast. We paid $12 a piece for a buffet that did not even come close to Old County Buffet quality. I would recommend avoiding this at all costs!!

They do not keep irons or ironing boards in the rooms. You have to go to the Golf Clubhouse to get a cheesy iron and a portable board. Even Motel 6 provides higher quality amenities!!

This hotel is definitely off of my list for any future travel to Delaware County.

Room Tip: The cancellation policy is poor, and the breakfasts are awful. My tip is stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank PamandTim T
golfersworld, Manager at Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

We are sorry your stay was not a more pleasant one. We apologize that our hotel’s policy, breakfast and amenities did not meet your satisfaction. Our reservationist did inform the woman who made the group reservation that there is a two week cancellation policy. She also emphasized that adding on the third night, than cancelling last minute would still constitute in the hotel charging for the full stay. Our confirmation email also has that information provided. We apologize if this caused any inconvenience but we must follow our company’s policies.

In regards to breakfast, our morning chef works very hard to provide quality food. He wishes to give guest multiple options to choose from. The hotel does not offer iron and ironing boards in the rooms because we do not have a high demand. We will be offering this as an in room amenity in the near future. We appreciate your feedback about the hotel and your stay and hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Debra Storms

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I were married here this year. The event planner did a great job and was very helpful with all the arrangements. The food was excellent and the restaurant staff were all very friendly and professional. We stayed in the executive suite which was very nice and very clean. The views from the deck are amazing and we couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out! We would definitely recommend this place for a wedding!
John and Celeste Riggi

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank CelesteRiggi
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My first review of this destination regretted the terrible decor and praised the food.
Since that review my family and friends have been there multiple times to dine.The food was always first rate.
Sad to report that although the decor has improved somewhat,the long time chef has left.We were four for my birthday last night,July 6, and we all returned our food and went to a restaurant in Andes,TWO. OLD TARTS.(VG).
The tomato soup, salad greens,salmon and short ribs were not even worthy of a high school cafeteria.The presentation was awful and the cooking was worse.The quality defies description.
We paid for our champagne and one appetizer which,although not as described,was edible.
Now to our waitress. She had no concept of the dishes;she dropped something on the table and she tried to pop the cork on a screw top champagne bottle!
What a disaster.
We will NEVER return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank RDBOOK

We apologize for the unpleasant dining experience you had on your birthday. We are confident in our current Executive Chef whom replaced our previous one. We do not believe he was the issue, had he known you were unhappy with your meals, he would have fixed or prepared another entrée for you. We recognize the problem could have been rectified earlier had the waitress made the chef or a manager aware of the problems occurring at the table.
We understand her service was lacking. She was at the end of her training and seemed to have needed more direction before waiting tables on her own. Had a manager been notified at the first problem we strongly believe we could have resolved the issue quickly and you could have continued your dinner happily. The dining room manager and other staff now know of your unpleasant dinner. We can only aspire to meet guest satisfaction and not have mishaps like this again.

Debra Storms

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I went out for a Father's Day Dinner tonight at the Hanah. We are foodies and like to go around and experience different restaurants, and we were excited to try what the Hanah had to offer. We both started with the French onion soup, and I have to say that this may have been the best French onion soup I ever had. The broth had a wonderful flavor, and everything within was, and on top, was delicious. I then ordered the blackened ribeye steak. --> WOW!!! <--The steak was topped with an au jus that gave it an hibachi flavor that was amazing!!! It also came with a smoked gouda polenta, and a vegetable medley. I highly recommend this dish. My wife had a pasta dish (freshly made pasta) with fennel and other vegetables. I can't remember the name of the dish, but I tried it, and it was another winner! For dessert we had a chocolate cake topped with a caramel sauce, with a path that led across the plate that was made with a raspberry drizzle and mandarin orange slices and led to a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream that was placed over a toffee cookie. And on top of all of the good food, the waitress was great. This just became our new favorite restaurant in and around the area. We will be back soon!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Margaretville
Hotel Vienna
#3 of 7 in Windham
Margaretville Mountain Inn
Margaretville Mountain Inn
#1 of 2 in Margaretville

Been to Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club? Share your experiences!