“Great Day out!”

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great Day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Wanted to go apple picking with my fiance and saw an ad in the newspaper for Weed Orchard. Decided to give it a try - SO glad I did. In addition to getting to go apple picking Weed Orchard has a wide variety of other fruits and vegetables to pick. We ended up going home with a huge bag full of grapes (that are so good and I wish I got more), all types of peppers, eggplant, green beans, corn, and tomatoes. We had just missed the peaches and zuchinni but now I know when to go next year. They even have flower you can pick. The prices were great. We had a nice relaxing couple of hours just enjoying each others company. The owner ( I believe) was going around and would ask people if they need help. He showed me where to find the veggies I wanted and even tasted the peppers to make sure I wasnt getting anything too spicy! In addtion to all the great fruits and vegetables they also have a corn maze, a hay ride, a bouncy house for the kids, pumpkins and goats!
You can rent a wagon to carry everything for $5 which you get back when you return the wagon. They sold fresh jams, honey, salsas, and cider. THey also serve hot food include DELICIOUS apple cider donuts...so good an worth the visit by themselves. The place was neat and clean (even the bathrooms) and the workers were very helpful. The views were gorgeous and peaceful. Well worth the 1 1/2 hr ride up to NY. WIll definately be going back, probably in AUgust next year to get more fruit.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank lovinparadise314

Hawthorne, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just peachy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

What a wonderful day my family and I had today! It was our first visit and we traveled just over an hour to get there. Parking was easy and convenient. Dozens of wagons were available for hauling your pickings and even my 1 year old! The wagons were fitted with a seat and seat belt! Genius! An adorable train and lil western village was just perfect for the kids to play on as well as the pirate ship! The kids had so much fun and we hadn't even started picking yet! We picked the most delicious peaches, vegetables and even flowers from beautiful gardens to make your own bouquets! Lunch was yummy and staff was very nice! We will definitely be going back next year! I highly recommend spending the day at Weed Orchards!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank WeeCanShop
Marlboro, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Wonderful Fall Family Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Weeds Farm is family operated. This is a great place to bring the family on weekends in Sept & October. It is much more than simply picking apples. They have a large variety of fruits & vegetables. There are games & arts & crafts for the kids. Tasty cider doughnuts too! If going through Marlboro over a fall weekend, stop by.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank beaglefan22
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to get some Appels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

We had a great time here
Got lots of Appels some eggplants some bell peppers and a big pumpkin
All for less then $50
They have hey ride ,corn maze ,
BBQ and small petting zoo
Didn't try the cider dounts but I heard they are great
Check it out

1 Thank Abanoga
Westchester County, NY
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Fun family friendly orchard with lots to do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

I almost don't want to write this review because I want to keep this place my little secret! However, it's such a fabulous place that I couldn't resist.

Went here during Columbus day weekend and it was amazing. Parking was trouble free and unlike so many other orchards, there was NO admission fee. You simply went up, grabbed a FREE wagon and some bags and went down a short way to the orchards. There were tons of apple trees, clearly labeled by type with signs telling you if they were ready for picking or not. They even gave you a free scoop stick if you want to try for the apples on the higher branches.

In addition to apples (which were huge), they had grapes, eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, cabbage and pumpkins that were available for picking. There was cute little corn maze ($3) that the kids enjoyed. Hayrides were available but because we had the wagon (and we filled it up), we opted not to take the hayride.

There was a tiny petting zoo, a playground, a store with homemade baked goods and honey, a little place where you could order a hot meal and a hut with piping hot apple cider donuts (addictive). A huge bag of apples (or pears as they were available as well) cost $22. Pumpkins were $.40/pound. However, you could also forego the bag and just buy apples by the pound. Other people didn't even go for apples but went for everything else!

We had a great time picking fruits and vegetables - the orchards were huge and although it was crowded, it didn't feel like it because there was so much room to spread out. In addition, they had a ton of activities - hula hoop contests, giveaways, apple batting etc. All the above plus the beautiful scenery made this our new go-to place for apple picking.

Visited October 2012