“Extremely overpriced”

Cross street: Jerusalem Avenue
Massapequa, New York
“Extremely overpriced”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

My husband did some work for a friend and they gave us a gift card for Cafe Toscano for $100. I ordered an appetizer, desert and coffee and my husband had a meal and desert. We each had a glass of wine. The gift card did not cover this limited order. To top it off, I can only describe the experience as average. There are many Italian alternatives in the area which are more reasonably priced and offer better quality food and service.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank deedeelongisland

Massapequa Park, New York
“Very shady”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We paid using my visa checking account card and left a cash tip( as that what was recommended on the menu, very tacky). Anyway, 2 days later when checking my account online I noticed that we were charged an additional 20% than what the actual bill was! My husband went into the restaurant and was informed that "their bank adds a 20% temporary charge to all bills and he assured him that it would be taken off the next day and that he doesn't know why but that it has happened before". The charge then came off the next day...3 days after we were there. Why should 20% be held against my account! Its wrong!! We will never go there again!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Joanne M
New York City, New York
“disappointed”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

A little disappointed with Toscano. I had tried it a while ago and it was good, but last night I was unhappy with the quality of the food. The place is very nice and clean and the staff are very courteous and helpful. The menu lacks choices and the food could have been better. Also, a litle over-priced. I would not recommend it. I hope they can improve because it is a nice neighborhood place.

• Visited October 2012
Massapequa Park, New York
“Absolutely horrible experience”
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We tried Toscanos for the 3rd time since it changed hands as it was a favorite of ours after last night will never go back my chicken parm was dry & tasted like a frozen pattie tastless & our waiter was rude & every time we looked up we had someone different it's more like a low class catering place then a nice restaurant NOISY,TERRIBLE FOOD & TERRIBLE WAITERS

• Visited May 2011
aberzerk72
“putrid!!!!!”
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I not quite sure what type of spoiled olive oil they use but the chef needs to be fired asap! You know a place is bad when the waiters agree they wouldnt eat the food. The cheese is flavorless, the chicken unfresh, and if that wasn't enough the tomato sauce they used gave myself and my husband a rash an hour later!!!!!!
Eaters beware- find another italian restaurant to goto!!!!

• Visited December 2010