“In a word. Outstanding”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Massena
Lambertville, New Jersey
“In a word. Outstanding”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

In a word, Outstanding. We are a foursome of retirees who spent a few days fishing on the St Lawrence River. The area is spectacular for sure and you won't be dissapointed in the Lakeviews accomodations. From a fishermans perspective, this one has got it all and does it in grand style. We rented one of the apartments and an efficency using the roomy apartment for our social center and cooking needs. Our rooms were squeeky clean, neat as a pin and more than amply stocked. Large bathroom, granite counter tops and TV's in every room exceed my expectations. This is a couple notches above the ordinary and made for a very comfortable stay. Plenty of boat trailer parking with plug in's and all in a private and secure area which made this trip a real pleasure for us. So secure in fact, that we were able to leave our gear right in the boats and tucked under our porch and never had to give it a thought. Owners Marcy and Jerry live on the property and are wonderful folks who are just as thoughtful and helpful as they could possibly be. We had some of the best fishing that we have ever experienced here and put the St Lawrence and Lakeview on our schedule for return trips...Steve Kozik, Lambertville, New Jersey

Room Tip: End apartments have plenty or room all around them.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DelewareValleyJaguar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
UK
Reviewed 16 October 2011

The hotel is in a lovely spot next to the river. Rooms are fairly basic and a bit tired but were well equipped with kitchenette facilities. The only problem we had was confusion over the date we were arriving - being able to book via email rather than having to phone up would have prevented this.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HandD_Travelholics
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2011

This is the only option for long stay travelers that has a kitchen ensuite. I have had the pleasure of staying there in 2009 and 2011. The owners make the effort to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Would stay there again

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Kpaul2
Massena, New York
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Marcy and Jerry made me feel like part of the family.
I was in the area for work, being with the people was like coming home.

I met many other travelers who were returning guests and had been returning for years, some stayed just weekends others stayed weeks.

See you there someday, when I return

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank bratrams
Schoharie, New York
Reviewed 2 November 2010

If you are looking for polished brass, valet parking and silk drapes stay in town. But if you desire some down home Americana along the majestic St Laurence then you might just give the Lakeview a try. The Lakeview is a warm, quaint and nostalgic little motel. Just far enough off the main route to be secluded and serene but in no manner isolated from the many amenities within the Massena city area. These efficiencies are appropriately decorated, nicely equipped, very functional with great internet and above all super clean. As well the innkeepers, Marcy and Jerry, are cordial, accommodating and very genuine people. Through my extensive travels I find the Lakeview Motel to be one of the best values in the northeast.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mfagnani
Mineville, New York
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We have been coming to the LakeView for quite a few years, you will not find a friendlier place, they greet you like an old friend and bend over backwards to accomadate you.We make around 5 trips a year,and have always found a very clean room with a kitchette and furnished with all the cooking utensils you will need. most people we have met stay weeks and months at a time, so you bring what you need, if you happen to forget something, all you have to do is see Marcie or Jerry and they will do what ever it takes to help you out.You are always supplied with plenty of fresh linens.
We have sent friends of ours here and they have returned on there own and feel the same as we do about Lake view and about the owners Marcie and Jerry.
Marcie and Jerry thank you so much for all your hospitality over the years, the fancy places are out there,but i will take the down home friendly places like yours every time.
Lionel and Sue Simard Mineville,New York

LIONEL AND SUE SIMARD MINEVILLE, N.Y.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank simardsusan
New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I don't know who wrote the "glowing" reviews for this place, but I suspect it was members of the owners' family...

I stayed there with two other employees this past week, and I seriously regret choosing this place. Among my list of grievances:

- There are NO room-darkening blinds on the windows, just cheap privacy blinds! By 5:30 AM, I was getting full morning sun directly in the face, and it was bright as day in the room. Having gone to bed at 3:30 AM after a long night's work, I was not a happy camper. I finally had to get up and tape towels over the windows! I don't think I've ever seen a motel that didn't have decent blinds to at least darken the room so that you can sleep. When I raised this issue with the owner, she just kind of laughed, and remarked that some people also complain that the lights outside their rooms also keep them awake at night, as it's so bright in the room.

- The towels were nasty and musty-smelling, complete with bleach burns on them.

- It's the only motel/hotel that does NOT have any type of "do not disturb" signs to hang on the door, so we were routinely awoken by housekeeping in the morning...

- There is a $25 penalty for not washing any dishes you use in the efficiency...I've never heard of such a thing! Even the woman in housekeeping agreed that when you have the guest wash their own dishes, they're usually still all greasy, and they end up having to wash them anyway. Isn't the owner supposed to clean dishes, etc. after the guest leaves? I'm not about to trust the previous guest to clean my dishes; what is their incentive to do a good job???

- They opened the window in my employees' room during the day to ventilate the room, and when we go back late that night, their room was full of flies and bugs, as there was no screen in the window!

- Their version of a shower mat is literally a disposable piece of paper, which your feet stick to when you get out of the shower. It's absolutely useless. Also, there are no tissues (Kleenex) in the room; they simply don't provide them, so plan to blow your nose with toilet paper...

Perhaps worst of all, when I raised some of these issues with the owner, she sarcastically asked me "why don't you open a hotel of your own?", followed by "I don't tell you how to run YOUR business!" Of course, my reply was "yes, but YOU'RE not my customer; if you were, you COULD tell me how to run it, if you were unhappy with my work...".

These people have apparently forgotten that they are in the HOSPITALITY business, and not in the HOSTILITY business. If you want a good night's sleep, I suggest you look around for another place to stay. There are others in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank Brian N
MarcyLaramay, Owner at Lakeview Motel and Apartments, responded to this review, 28 June 2016
You can always tell when someone is going to lite you up on the internet unjust as it is. I did regret having to finally hold the Supervisor of this group accountable (chg his card $50) for his men smoking repeatedly in my rooms - we post notices all over and they were ignored. Sorry this was not taken seriously but others can smell smoke weeks later even with extensive cleaning?

Marcy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Massena
Quality Inn
McIntosh Country Inn & Conference Centre
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 12 in Cornwall

Been to Lakeview Motel and Apartments? Share your experiences!