“The sunsets are fantastic looking across the river, the owners are even better!”

Lakeview Motel and Apartments
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Massena
Massena, New York
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Marcy and Jerry made me feel like part of the family.
I was in the area for work, being with the people was like coming home.

I met many other travelers who were returning guests and had been returning for years, some stayed just weekends others stayed weeks.

See you there someday, when I return

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank bratrams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Schoharie, New York
Reviewed 2 November 2010

If you are looking for polished brass, valet parking and silk drapes stay in town. But if you desire some down home Americana along the majestic St Laurence then you might just give the Lakeview a try. The Lakeview is a warm, quaint and nostalgic little motel. Just far enough off the main route to be secluded and serene but in no manner isolated from the many amenities within the Massena city area. These efficiencies are appropriately decorated, nicely equipped, very functional with great internet and above all super clean. As well the innkeepers, Marcy and Jerry, are cordial, accommodating and very genuine people. Through my extensive travels I find the Lakeview Motel to be one of the best values in the northeast.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mfagnani
Mineville, New York
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We have been coming to the LakeView for quite a few years, you will not find a friendlier place, they greet you like an old friend and bend over backwards to accomadate you.We make around 5 trips a year,and have always found a very clean room with a kitchette and furnished with all the cooking utensils you will need. most people we have met stay weeks and months at a time, so you bring what you need, if you happen to forget something, all you have to do is see Marcie or Jerry and they will do what ever it takes to help you out.You are always supplied with plenty of fresh linens.
We have sent friends of ours here and they have returned on there own and feel the same as we do about Lake view and about the owners Marcie and Jerry.
Marcie and Jerry thank you so much for all your hospitality over the years, the fancy places are out there,but i will take the down home friendly places like yours every time.
Lionel and Sue Simard Mineville,New York

LIONEL AND SUE SIMARD MINEVILLE, N.Y.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank simardsusan
New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I don't know who wrote the "glowing" reviews for this place, but I suspect it was members of the owners' family...

I stayed there with two other employees this past week, and I seriously regret choosing this place. Among my list of grievances:

- There are NO room-darkening blinds on the windows, just cheap privacy blinds! By 5:30 AM, I was getting full morning sun directly in the face, and it was bright as day in the room. Having gone to bed at 3:30 AM after a long night's work, I was not a happy camper. I finally had to get up and tape towels over the windows! I don't think I've ever seen a motel that didn't have decent blinds to at least darken the room so that you can sleep. When I raised this issue with the owner, she just kind of laughed, and remarked that some people also complain that the lights outside their rooms also keep them awake at night, as it's so bright in the room.

- The towels were nasty and musty-smelling, complete with bleach burns on them.

- It's the only motel/hotel that does NOT have any type of "do not disturb" signs to hang on the door, so we were routinely awoken by housekeeping in the morning...

- There is a $25 penalty for not washing any dishes you use in the efficiency...I've never heard of such a thing! Even the woman in housekeeping agreed that when you have the guest wash their own dishes, they're usually still all greasy, and they end up having to wash them anyway. Isn't the owner supposed to clean dishes, etc. after the guest leaves? I'm not about to trust the previous guest to clean my dishes; what is their incentive to do a good job???

- They opened the window in my employees' room during the day to ventilate the room, and when we go back late that night, their room was full of flies and bugs, as there was no screen in the window!

- Their version of a shower mat is literally a disposable piece of paper, which your feet stick to when you get out of the shower. It's absolutely useless. Also, there are no tissues (Kleenex) in the room; they simply don't provide them, so plan to blow your nose with toilet paper...

Perhaps worst of all, when I raised some of these issues with the owner, she sarcastically asked me "why don't you open a hotel of your own?", followed by "I don't tell you how to run YOUR business!" Of course, my reply was "yes, but YOU'RE not my customer; if you were, you COULD tell me how to run it, if you were unhappy with my work...".

These people have apparently forgotten that they are in the HOSPITALITY business, and not in the HOSTILITY business. If you want a good night's sleep, I suggest you look around for another place to stay. There are others in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank Brian N
MarcyLaramay, Owner at Lakeview Motel and Apartments, responded to this review, 28 June 2016
You can always tell when someone is going to lite you up on the internet unjust as it is. I did regret having to finally hold the Supervisor of this group accountable (chg his card $50) for his men smoking repeatedly in my rooms - we post notices all over and they were ignored. Sorry this was not taken seriously but others can smell smoke weeks later even with extensive cleaning?

Marcy
Ottawa
Reviewed 1 March 2009

I spent the Summer at Lakeview....it is the perfect place to stay. The room and service was the best. The view of the Saint Lawrence River across the road is so beautiful. You can watch ships from around the world pass slowly by. Marcy and Jerry are the perfect Host. They make you feel at home. We became very good friends during our stay. You have a hugh front lawn with a big tree...a perfect place to sit in the shade with a breeze blowing and just relax with a glass of cold ice tea, Anyone wanting a quite relaxing place to stay with perfect service...come to Lakeview Motel in Massena, NY

A Canadian Vistor,

• Stayed May 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Guy63
Alabama
Reviewed 19 February 2009

I am a catastrophe insurance adjuster from south Alabama. It was very nice to check in to a nice clean room after 20 hours of being on the road. The view is fantastic, the owners are very nice and look for ways to help you during your stay. They know the area and are full of good advice about the surrounding villages. They went out of their way to make me feel at home. They even gave me technical help with my laptop computer. The Broadband is very fast and has come in very handy during my business transactions. Thanks to everyone at Lake View for a wonderful stay. ....Max

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank MaxArd
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 February 2009

I am a travel nurse and go to many place in the USA. My first experience at Lakeview was in July of 2005 and have stayed at Lakeview 5 other times..It is the first place I call when having an assignment at Massena Memorial Hospital..I highly recommend this place. Nice rooms and great owners..It is always clean and convienent..The owners go out of their way to make your stay pleasent and relaxed . The view of the lake is an extra bonus!! Kathy

• Liked — The ease of reservations
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank CptKathy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Massena
Quality Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Hogansburg
Best Western Plus Parkway Inn & Conference Centre
Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort

Been to Lakeview Motel and Apartments? Share your experiences!