“first time thumps up todays visit never again”
Review of Nana's Kitchen

Nana's Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Massena
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 15 February 2014

went over 3 mos ago. breakfast was awesome. took my parents and few friends today and we came all the way from gatnieau and food was horrible. the only thing that tastes and was hot was the bread and clam chowder soup. the fries homemade were ice cold and was reordered on all four plates and ordered the fried chicken 3 piece for 3 of us and all the chicken was frozen on the inside. they only took off for one piece of chicken each. never again will I go there. waitress was great but you figure with everything not being properly cooked and fyi 3 of the people with me are chefs from Canada and wanted to show how great this small diner was and all I did for the rest of the afternoon is say I am sorry that after leaving there we were still hungry in fear of eating uncooked food. please stay away from this place. not worth the visit unless you go for breakfast and you can screw that up.

1  Thank brigitte l
There are newer reviews for Nana's Kitchen

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My mom mentioned going to this diner for dinner and I was a little ambivalent as the outside doesn't really tell what a gem it is. Besides, I find some of the diners in our town to be run down and pretty blah. Well, as soon as we walked in, I was impressed. The place was spotless, the decorating was a tasteful country décor. The food choices were varied and the prices were very, very reasonable. Mom had the liver and onions and she absolutely raved about how tasty and tender it was. I had the fried haddock and was happy to see it was not overly fried in an extra heavy batter. It was light tasting. The baked potatoes were perfectly done and we enjoyed every bite, skin and all. Unfortunately we were too full for dessert (next time) but we were told that all the pies are homemade and delicious. Do yourself a favor and give this place a try.....I don't think you will be disappointed.

1  Thank Peggy C
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I give it five stars but some may not as it may not seam like anything special. I go frequently for a to go breakfast. The home fries are good, and they make their own sausage gray which is rare for this area. I think it just nice to have the consistency. The only grip if that's even what I would call it is, that if you order the same thing every time the price is different depending on who's cooking that morning. It may be $4.98 one day and $6,50 the next. I haven't said anything, as when you can get a full breakfast for under $5, I'm not going to complain on the days it's $6.50.

1  Thank berghuis3
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Nana's has great breakfasts. the pancakes and omelets are huge and they have homemade toast to go with them.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Four of us went for breakfast and found it to be a small diner-type restaurant. The waitress was fast and very pleasant. Unfortunately, there were flies inside which buzzed us the entire time we were there and the food, although it looked fine, was not very tasty. I wish I could say I'd go again because the people were so nice. Perhaps lunch would have been a better choice.

1  Thank NHPenny