“Great Family Owned Restaurant”
Review of Violi's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Tired of chain restaurants and want to enjoy a family owned Italian restaurant then this is the place. Ross and Dominic Violi will greet you like family and you will be treated to a wonderful meal. The Beef Gorgonzola is my wife's favorite while I have too many from many favorites to list. The restaurant is closed on Mondays.

1  Thank Scott A

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We went to this restaurant because of the great reviews. That was a big mistake. When we got to the restaurant we waited for about 3 min with our one year old because both waitress where in the back talking. They give you bread while you are waiting for your meal which was cold and it didn't help the butter was cold and hard. I got the Pollo Speciale which is peppered chicken , lobster claws in a brady cream sauce. When I got my meal it cream sauce was cold you could tell it had been sitting there and it does say lobster claws but what I got was pieces of lobster claw and the one that looked like a claws was in half. I asked the waitress what happened to the lobster meat she couldn't even answer the other waitress came over and said to me that the claws are in pieces because they get some as big as her hand and so its lobster claw pieces not lobster claw and said she was sorry that I was missed informed well if you are going to say LOBSTER CLAW THEN it should be a CLAW NOT PICES and I spent 25 dollars on that meal. I was very upset. Then my husband got the Fettuccine con Salmon Affumicate which was smoked salmon caper chive cream sauce all I can say is YUCK!!! the cream sauce tasted like MAYO it was so GROSS. After tell the waitress this they do nothing even know they know we are not happy. On top of them doing nothing I order my 1yr daughter spaghetti and all I asked for was some butter on the noodles and parm cheese. They come out with it and I dumped the oil from the bowl on to the plate under it and it almost covered the plate it was gross it looked liked the noodles had sat out for and hour and stiff all of that came to 8.95 for old Spaghetti and cheese. Price and place overrated just beware never again!!!!

1  Thank Leann W
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Sadly, Violi's Restaurant seems to be feeling the decline in our economy. The decor is outdated, and the bathroom is terrible!!!! The last time we visited, the ladies room toilet was about to fall through the weakened floor it was barely attached to.

The food was very good and I don't even mind the cheesy early 80's decor. I just have issues with restaurant bathrooms and cleaning being ignored by the owners. Diming the lights doesn't help hide the flaws.

I would hope that after being in business for 50 years that owners would do some needed repairs in order to attract more clients.

I know I would go back! The food is very delicious indeed!!!!

1  Thank gina33166
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Went to this restaurant based on great reviews. Though the service and food were fantastic. The decor is beyond in need of a facelift. It also needs a thorough cleaning. The only downfalls in my opinion, but huge downfalls. If I walk into a restaurant and the ambiance is bad, it ruins the whole experience. The artificial flowers have a thick layer of dust on them. Makes me wonder how clean the kitchen is.

2  Thank Harley_girl2003
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife & I first enjoyed this restaurant 50 years ago; we've been back more times than we can count and have never been less than "very impressed". Now run by two of the sons of the founders, the restaurant has doubled its size twice over our time as clients. One of the owners is also the chef and is a genius at procuring the best ingredients to be found anywhere. The restaurant varies its specials to take advantage of the best foods of each season. Many of the dishes available are unique in all the world to Violi's - once you've enjoyed one of their special preparations you will look forward anxiously to your next visit. I must also mention - sauces extraordinaire - I have to say :genius" once more.

1  Thank SouthwestBooster