“GREAT HOTEL EXCELLENT SERVICE”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Massena
Bainsville, On
“GREAT HOTEL EXCELLENT SERVICE”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My husband and I went to Massena for a shopping trip and decided to stay over at the
Quality Hotel downtown Massena. All the staff were extremely customer driven
this hotel is beautifully decorated, cozy elegant, and very clean. The breakfast is far from a continental style as there was bacon eggs, waffles fruits, bagels cream cheese, toast and great coffee, enough food to call brunch !! our room was very large
bedding was upper quality, enough pillows, pillow top matress, and the bathroom was
very functional and again super clean!! this hotel has a pleasant scent throughout
the building ample parking, and the restaurant attached was very good and reasonable, I will go back again soon!!! many thanks to all the staff for offering the choice privilege card.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MichelandSusan
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you so much for the generous review. The staff and I greatly appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We've stayed here before. I feel that by staying here, we get what we paid for. The breakfast is fantastic. I was surprised!! There is bacon and eggs, donuts, bagels, milk yogurt and more.
There are 4 types of juices, coffee, already made hot chocolate and more. They also have coffee
set up in the lobby for brkfst. Across the street there is a quaint little shop (ie. candles, CD's, collectables). More cute shops are just down the street.
The hotel itself, does seem a little dated. Our room was quite small. The room has a fridge and microwave. They seem to be working on the place. Our nights here have been very quiet. But
it is possible that the doors might slam a little hard.
Thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anna Maria P
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Hi Anna Maria. Thank you for your review, I'm glad you enjoy our breakfast. We feel it is the best in the area. I'll let the breakfast room staff know how much you like the food. Thanks again, hope to see you again soon.
Westbury, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We have been staying here for four years with no problem. But now the policy is to turn off the air conditioning at night. The rooms are stifling hot and we woke up sweating. The continental breakfast was great, loved the malt
waffles. All the staff is friendly and courteous.

• Stayed May 2013
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for your kind review. As the temperature these past few nights have been in the low 40's we thought it best to turn A/C off. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. We'll work on our timing. Thanks again!
Utica, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn while on a business trip to Massena. The lobby area is quite inviting and a great place to relax by the fireplace. The room was mediocre at best. It was clean, but quite old. I booked a single room and expected it to be small, but that was an understatement. There was room for a bed and small desk and nothing else. No dresser or even a night stand. The room did have a microwave and mini refrigerator which was nice.
As many have said in previous reviews, the hotel is loud. Doors slam when you walk out of the room and echo throughout the whole corridor. It is a wood door with a metal frame with no bumper, so it sounds like someone hitting the wall with a baseball bat. You can hear every sound in the corridor and adjacent room. The bathroom was clean, but needed paint desperately. The door frame, hinges and towel rack were all rusted. My room was on the first floor in the front, which is just a few feet from the road. Noise from passing cars and snow plows was impossible to ignore. This is not a place to get a sound nights sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 1st floor and in the rear of the hotel, which faces the parking lot. The s...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank amjs13501
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Thank you for your review. The rooms with full size beds are smaller than rooms with Queen or King beds. All rooms have a 3- drawer dresser, so I'm not sure why you stated otherwise; it was next to the fridge/microwave set-up. I apologize if I misunderstood that portion of your review. Feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss any issues you had.

Travellers are raving about these Massena hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Couldn't sleep all night...doors sound like a high school corridor....shake the door to check if its locked and the whole floor wakes up....should invest in a few dollars of felt for the doors so they don't make such a racket...never heard of a hotel with doors like that....won't go back.
On the brighter side the staff was very polite and understanding...no credit for the aggrivation though

Room Tip: AC and doors will keep you awake...try asking for a quite side of the building...and good luck
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dino P
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Everything about this hotel is wonderful, EXCEPT for something that's absolutely vital: noise privacy. The walls are so thin, you can hear everything in the room next to you. If your nighbor talks on the phone, you hear it like it's coming from inside your own room. If your neighbor turns on his TV, you'd better want to watch the same thing. As my neighbor arrived an unpacked his suitcase, I could literally hear every movement he made.

It's almost like having a roommate rather than a private hotel room. Although the service was good, the breakfast was great, and the room was perfectly clean, the complete lack of noise privacy made for a horrible stay. I would NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER recommend this hotel to anyone, except perhaps a deaf person who wouldn't mind. Do yourself a favor and try one of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BryanG589
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry noise issues kept you from getting a good night's rest. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Wallkill, New York
Reviewed 2 February 2013

When we checked in and saw our room, we were thrilled! The attached restaurant, very nice! The continental breakfast, loved it. Why you ask, did I only give this hotel a 2? I'll tell you with one very important word.....SOUNDPROOFING! After a long day on the road, we were very tired and just wanted a peaceful night's sleep. At exactly 12:15 a.m., our "next door neighbor" decided to make a 1.5 hour phone call on his cell. It not only woke us both us, but we could also hear EVERY SINGLE WORD HE SAID. I would only go back to this Quality Inn if I didn't have to sleep there, because believe me......you WON'T! Drive right on by.

Room Tip: If you could be on the end with nobody next door, maybe.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank WallkillMom
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 3 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts. I'm sorry you were unable to get a good night's sleep. I hope you'll give us another chance the next time you are in Massena.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Massena
Econo Lodge
Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort
Hampton Inn Potsdam
Hampton Inn Potsdam
#1 of 5 in Potsdam

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!