“Lost and Never Found!!!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Massena
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Lost and Never Found!!!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I usually don't post any reviews or comments about anything but I am truly upset and when I get upset about something then there is something really wrong! So I do have to agree with many of the other reviews--- yes the walls are very thin. You can hear everything from the floor above to outside in the hallways. It was very loud at times. But overall it was a decent place until we were on our way home and my daughter realized she forgot her North Face Donali two-toned gray colour jacket/coat. So as we were packing everything up my husband saw it in the closet but did not pack it because he figured she would be wearing it (but she wore another jacket instead) so half-way home she realized she did not grab it. We stopped quickly to look in the suit case but unfortunately it was not in there. It was only in a two hour frame that this all happened which makes it even more upsetting. We called the hotel and asked (hopefully by chance someone would bring it to the to the Lost and Found) but no such luck. The girl who answered the phone was kind enough to check the room for us and the closest again but still unfortunately nothing was found. So just a reminder to everyone please remember to look in the dressers and closets before you leave the places you stay at because unfortunately sometimes they will be "Lost and Never Found."

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cathy A
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry your daughter lost her coat. The staff here makes every attempt to get items left by guests returned to them as quickly as possible. Please contact me directly if you have any concerns regarding this issue. I'll be more than happy to discuss them with you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for a work night and it was great. I try to stay at the larger name brand hotels (Marriott, Hampton Inn, etc) and was surprised by this hotel. Very clean and neat. The girl (anna?) checking me in was very nice. Added benefit was the bar/restaurant attached. Would definitely stay at again in Massena!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your review. It's greatly appreciated. Hope to see you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

For a hotel that prides itself on the comfort of the bed, it is a crying shame that they know they have a noise problem and still put people in adjacent rooms when they have plenty of capacity. I got no sleep: the bed was hard but comfy, the sheets and pillow were fine, but the noise from my neighbors, from the people walking up the hall, from the fridge compressor at the bottom of the bed switching on and off all kept me awake. Then the painters arrived early in the morning but didn't mark the wet paint or say "hey, we just painted there" so now I have paint on my suit jacket and winter coat, sigh. I wanted them to be better but I'll stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MLS99
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the noise issue you had, and the inconvenience it caused you. I sympathize with you completely, and know how important it is to get a good night's sleep. I am very sorry you had some clothing stained by paint. The painters should have known better. If you have since had the clothing professionally cleaned then call me directly and we can discuss reimbursing you.

Travellers are raving about these Massena hotels

Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The property was clean, there is an on-site restaurant. The bar is quite busy on Fri , local after-work crowd, I assume. The menu did not impress me, fried foods and iceberg lettuce salads. Some fresh veg and healthier options would be nice.

The room was adequate, I found nothing wrong with the accommodations. no problem with the bathroom at all.
The breakfast at Quality Inn is more than adequate. Your choice of eggs, bacon, yogurt, waffles, fresh fruit, baked goods (Dunkin donuts) etc. Which is included.... so, all in all, a good deal.

Hotel options are very limited in this area and in my opinion, Quality Inn should be ranked a little higher than it is.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank moirabelle
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We hope you had a pleasant time while in Massena and that you'll stay with us again.
Chicago
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed there for three nights.
Bathroom - disgusting. The shower head was loose and the towels were paper thin.
The housekeepers were very kind however!
There was steam permeating up through the vents and we could not turn it off, it was hot and uncomfortable in our room. I called the front desk at 3am and the clerk was very nice and offered a fan. Work on the HVAC systems!!!
The hallways on the guest room floors are in need of major renovation, as are the rooms for that matter. The pillows are like an old foam pillow from gramma's house!
The sheets on my bed had holes in them, the maid was very kind and changed them right away.
The bathroom in the lobby near Dar's Restaurant was horrible. Not only was it under some sort of random renovation...there was filth, paper towels and toilet paper all over the place and it was never attended to for three days. It looked and smelled as if people off the street used it during the middle of the night.
Being a 30 year hospitality veteran with Starwood and Hyatt I may be more judgmental. It would be an awesome place if the owners would just invest a little money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MMMRRR1212
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pass along your comments and suggestions. I'm sorry our hotel fell below your expectations, and on behalf of the owner and staff I apologize. I'm thankful that you found the staff helpful, and I'll pass along your thanks to them. If you wish to speak directly to me about this matter you may contact me at any time. Again, I aplogize for the inconvenience we caused you.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Wasn't dirty, bed was somewhat comfortable, walls paper thin, front desk staff was helpful. Bathroom needs a complete do-over.

Didn't appreciate the smell of reefer going in through the door from parking lot.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BM_Mtl
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Thank you for your response. I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations, as well as any inconvenience this caused you. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to serve you.
Buffalo, New York State's West Coast
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The plaster in our room had a big crack in it and the carpet was ripped. There was a loud party downstairs so make sure you’re up on a higher floor. Front desk personnel were professional and courteous.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelSpidey
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay. I apologize for the issues you had regarding your room. We try to stay ahead of all renovation and refreshing projects as best we can, and I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. As you noted, we have banquet rooms at the opposite end of the first floor, and this may cause a noise problem if your room is on that floor during an event. Generally, though, that happens mostly on weekends, and not every weekend. Again, thank you, and I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Massena
Econo Lodge
Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort
Hampton Inn Potsdam
Hampton Inn Potsdam
#1 of 5 in Potsdam

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!