“Great for a budget motel”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Massena
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The rooms are a little dated but clean. Very spacious and include a fridge and microwave. Large area behind the motel for walking your dog. Only outside seating area has old plastic lawn chairs which will leave a white residue on your clothing so bring a towel. Breakfast was adequate. Pastries, waffles, cereal and yogurt. No fruit or eggs. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: A room facing the back of the hotel would be quieter since it's right on the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canuckett

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I travel for business on a weekly basis. I come into the Massena/Cornwall North Country on a regular basis. I usually stay on the Canadian side, but this time I needed to leave literature and products on the American Side. So I picked the Econo Lodge on Rte 37 just outside of the Massena City limits. I was presently surprised at the comfort and cleanliness of this hotel. I have stayed at other EL hotels and they were not this nice. The check in was easy and my room was perfect. I had no issues with my stay and for the price, I will stay here again and again as long as they keep the standards high at this property. best hotel in Massena to stay in, better then most all on the Canadian side too. Stay here and if I am wrong, tell me about your experience...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul_da_Bulldog
Econolodge-Massena, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your response will serve as an encouragement to all our staff. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was booked to stay in this hotel for one night. After being on the road practically all day, I was exhausted and looking forward to a nice and cozy hotel room. I wasn't expecting much, but at the very least, a place where I could sleep comfortably. Unfortunately, this hotel was not comfortable at all. It is in desperate need of a major renovation. The lady who checked us in was nice, but the carpet in the lobby area looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in months and the chairs had stains all over them. The worst part was the distinct musty/smokey smell. I assumed maybe I was just near the smoking section of the hotel. I was wrong. The non-smoking room smelled just as bad if not worse than the lobby. There was no way I could sleep there. I did not want to smell like the hotel the next day. I was super lucky to get the last available room at a much better hotel (Comfort Suites in Canton), which was previously booked but someone canceled their reservation. I feel really bad about writing such a negative review, but I felt obligated to warn people who are considering staying at this hotel that it was the worst hotel I've ever been to. I sincerely hope the management decides to gut this hotel out completely.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank EGal13

Thank you for sending us your feedback. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will use your feedback to make improvements.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

It's ok. You get what you pay for. Dated rooms, didn't seem the cleanest - we had our dog with us and even she seemed weirded out by something. However I think it was only $70-80 for the night.

My only real complaint is that the reeked very badly like cigarette smoke – we were on the first floor so I don’t know if this is an issue for the rest of the hotel. Oh ya, and the heater/air conditioning unit sounds like a semi-truck is coming through your walls when it turns on every 30 minutes throughout the night... bring earplugs.

The continental breakfast was minimal, but no fresh fruit – bagels with cream cheese/jam, waffles, yogurt at least, juice/milk. Enough to fill you up for an hour or two until you can get a decent meal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Econolodge-Massena, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to send us your feedback. On behalf of our entire time, I would like to apolgize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will use your feedback to make improvements. I hope you consider staying with us again so that we have another chance to provide you a better experience.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed here many times in the past but this was the first in several years. The room was spacious, clean, warm and all the amenities needed. The staff was friendly, courteous and willing to assist. It was sub zero this night and room was warm and dry. Breakfast, although basic is all you need to start the day. It is located outside of the village yet close enough to everything.

Room Tip: This motel does offer smoking rooms, but you will be asked smoking or non smoking when checking in o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I would not hesitate, at all, to recommend the EconoLodge, Massena. Having stayed there on many, many occasions, I have always found the rooms to be most comfortable and spacious, with good amenities, and the staff to be most receptive and helpful with all questions and requests. It is quite easy to locate upon arriving in Massena, and is a clean, re-modeled facility. The hotel provides an extensive complimentary hot breakfast, as well. I will be staying there each time I travel in-and-around Massena.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Travel to Massena on business occasionally and always stay here. You can count on a clean comfortable room and a friendly staff. When staying multiple nights, a refrigerator and microwave in room is very much appreciated, as is free breakfast. Breakfast choices are basic but does offer waffle maker and large breakfast room is always clean, like the rest of the facility. Not a four star resort but a nice, well maintained hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Econolodge-Massena, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Massena
Quality Inn
Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort
Best Western University Inn
University Suites Hotel
McIntosh Country Inn & Conference Centre

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!