“Perhaps have dessert first”
Review of Pace's Dockside

Pace's Dockside
Ranked #18 of 32 Restaurants in Mattituck
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This restaurant is part of Strong's Marina and is newly opened. My husband and I went for dinner for our anniversary. We found the dining room loud and busy but were seated promptly, the service was good. It is quite a casual atmosphere since it is located in the marina. My husband ordered the filet mignon and I had the salmon. We skipped an appetizer as I was going to want dessert and I know we can't finish both. Our entrees were good and were served within a reasonable period of time. So now, time for dessert. There was no menu but our waitperson gave us a choice of four items: carrot cake, cheese cake, chocolate lava cake and then passion fruit beignets served with a French vanilla and some kind of rum milkshake. It was phenomenal. The beignets were still hot from the fryer, covered in confectioners sugar and the little milkshake was delicious, the rim of the glass coated with cinnamon. Our server told us that the restaurant is known for its regular beignets but these were a special creation. Special indeed. Overall we agreed it was very good and we will return.

3  Thank Lost_Detroiter

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Two of us ate there today. Although they have been opened for a while, there are still changes being made and they are still working out kinks. Our water told us that our choices today were limited to salads, sandwiches and items from the frier.

My companion chose a Caesar salad with shrimp and I selected a shrimp po' boy. The salad was huge, the po' boy was small. Both selections were excellent and the prices were reasonable.

The waiter was trying hard but obviously was new to the job.

I will visit the restaurant again.

1  Thank Bigal1217
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Thought we'd try something new for a change. When we arrived it seemed that 1/2 the restaurant was filled with patrons and 1/2 with empty tables, just tablecloths. The hostess said shd'd get a table set up for us. This seemed to go on all evening. Strange.

The menu was a shock. Steaks were wildly overpriced, most dinner selections seemed to have alot of ambitious ingredients but the two tuna specials sounded good. I asked the server if the tuna was yellow fin and she didn't know but went into the kitchen to find out. I ordered the tuna sashimi, rare. My husband ordered chicken and the server was back in 5 minutes to anounce that they were all out of chicken. He selected an $18.00 hamburger, it was that or pay $40 for a steak.

We were unhappy with the wedge of lettuce salad. Neither of us liked the dressing which was a vinegrette with some white cheese floating in it. The lettuce was a head, sliced in half with the bottom stem attached. When the tuna came, I was sad to see that it was wide hunks of tuna, not thinly sliced as I'm used to. It was drizzled with wasabi and a little too powerful for my taste. I prefer my sauce served on the side. My husband ate about 1/4 of his burger. He didn't care for the taste of the meat.

All in all we spent over $90.00 on a meal we didn't eat. Also, our servers changed midmeal and we had to wait a while for a check. Not a come back place. Nice view.

5  Thank patrizia c
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Maybe we were expecting too much in looking forward to a new upscale restaurant on the North Fork. The atmosphere was great, the food (even the much touted aged porterhouse at $48) was not, and the tab was lofty. If you go, be prepared to underwhelmed and overcharged while enjoying the view.

3  Thank Holenhund
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Pace's Steakhouse has a few other restaurants on Long Island and recently opened another, in a cozy marina located in Mattituck. We were so glad that we went to dinner with some friends and chose this restaurant. We started at the bar and was chatted up by a great bartender followed by excellent service and a fabulous meal. I started with the mussels marinara (delicious) then to a Porterhouse which was cooked and marinated perfectly. My wife and friends had baked stuffed clams, bang-bang shrimp and filet mignon and again were NOT disappointed. It was a really good night out. We will return.

2  Thank chris m