“Upset at getting seated”

The Main Line Diner & Pizza Co
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Maybrook
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We have eaten here before, and generally speaking we have been pleased with the food and ambiance (it's a Diner). It has never been so crowded that it was necessary to wait for seating. Tonight it was busy, and there was a wait, but we gave our name and were waiting to be seated. After about 10 minutes we were next to be seated, a couple walked in and was seated before us. I was concerned about this and I asked why, when we were next in line (and on the written list), the man told us he didn't know why it happened, he just sat them down. We left the Diner, and while I may go back in the future, I will never go back when it's crowded.

1  Thank Duffer10

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Highly recommended! We randomly stopped here for lunch, and we now have a favorite diner. The atmosphere is inviting and warm, as is the staff. The hostess, who I found out later in our visit is an owner, was super friendly, and our waitress, Lois, was excellent. We were surprised at how extensive the menu was, and all four meals (one breakfast, one lunch and two dinners) were fresh, hot, and delicious. When we were done eating, the owner gave us a little tour of the memorabilia and explained some of the history of the place and its surrounding area. Very interesting! Will definitely be going there often.

I can't say enough about this place!

2  Thank DeeInNY
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Traveling west on I-84, we pretty much stumbled upon this small local place. It's a clean and bright version of the diner genre with the expected large menu (plus daily specials), good food and service and reasonable prices.
The cups of soup were like bowls at most restaurants, and the salads were very good.
Recommended.

1  Thank RoswellDad
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My sister and I stopped for breakfast this morning and will definitely go back. Everyone there was very friendly and the food was very good. Diner is kept very clean, good menu so we plan on returning soon. Highly recommended. Nice family oriented place.

1  Thank LH1961
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

We were driving along I84 when we found this place through tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. Very good idea. We both had a cup of matzah ball soup. Very good idea but the cup was actually the size of a bowl. A huge fluffy matzah ball surrounded by noodles carrots chicken and celery in a delicious chicken soup. Very nice. I added a tuna salad sandwich on toasted wheat and it also included a pickle and some slaw. Very nice but I had to take half the sandwich with me because I got too full. Hubby enjoyed the Caesar salad with grilled chicken. The service was friendly. The owner came over to talk for a while when he noticed that we weren't locals. There seems to be lots of regulars here and the great food and great service must have lots to do with it. The restrooms were very clean and the faucets in the restrooms were unique.

1  Thank 1RoswellMom