“Great steak”

Webb's Captain's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Webb's Captain's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Mayville
Price range: US$19 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mather Road
Description: Welcome to Webb's Captains Table! Webb's is a third generation family business started in 1942 by Paul and Nadine Webb and carried on today by second generation Jim and Sally Webb, and third generation Ben Webb. Our main dining rooms provide a comfortable atmosphere appointed with rich wood paneling and solid oak booths. Both the main dining room and the Lookout room offer beautiful views of Lake Chautauqua. The main dining room boasts a cozy wood-burning fireplace - the only one in the area. Our menu features fresh seafood, steak, chicken, veal and vegetarian selections. Our weekly menu insert features our chef's selection of appetizer, salad and entree, as well as a wine selection accompanied with daily specials. The Deck at Webb's is a second story open air, 60-seat deck with a gorgeous view of Chautauqua Lake. Join us for lunch or dinner and relax with a cool drink from the Deck's full service bar. Open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Gainesville, Fl
“Great steak”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We ate upstairs which limited our choices, but I had a Ribeye steak and a Caesar salad. Both were excellent. A dessert was provided for our guest who was celebrating a birthday. Waitress was excellent.

Probably would eat inside next time just because of a more extensive menu. Prime rib and chicken piccata are not offered on the deck.

FLORIDA
“"NEGATIVE!", "NEGATIVE!"”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Salt, salt ,salt: the chef loves salt, salt, salt . Guess what: It's way overpriced too for this quality of food. We were there with six other friends; We won't be back. We called after we tried to eat and arrived home. Mike promised a refund: you kidding me?! Owners always have their side of the story. It did not happen. Surprise , Surprise. All of us do not like to complain .I mean DO NOT like to complain! What happened to the customer is all ways right? Webb promised a refund on my bill, but he did not come through. We called; You promised, but not to be. O.K. so you know; food was so salty as to be inedible .All restaurant owners write: call us. Mike writes (from Webb's) call us; HMMM .Our waitress tried hard to make it right: No avail. I had the Veal Oscar, My wife, the Veal Picatta..Our waitress, Janel K. tried her best, but the chef was way off. They even brought us more salt sauce,(Picatta),,We ate on June 25, this year; talked to you. No go. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 Thank RONMIEL
Amherst, Ohio
“Picturesque View with Fine Food and Beautiful Live Music”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

It was so nice to sit outside on the second floor deck, overlooking Lake Chautauqua - relaxing and serene!
I ordered lobster tail and my husband a filet, without breaking the bank. Everything was delicious and it was very reasonably priced. We dined with a total of 4 adults and 4 children (ages 11, 9, 8, 6), and the total bill was less than $200.
We had excellent service and were suprised by the variety of fine food for adults as well as a great selection for children. There was live piano music, which just added to the peaceful and enjoyable ambiance of the evening.
We were the last table there, and never once felt rushed to leave, as the staff probably needed to close. It was such a nice evening. We would definitely go again, with or without kids!

berlin md
“Not up to Review ratings”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Visited Webb's based on TripAdvisor reviews. Decided to have a late lunch prior to going to a concert. What a disappointment. We did sit upstairs on the deck and I must admit that the view of Lake Chautauqua was beautiful but that was about it. My husband and I both had the Fish Fry which is available on a Friday thinking it would be over the moon. Wrong. The fish was just okay and the steak fries that came with it were huge and tasteless. The waitress did warn us that the regular fries were frozen. Seems like they feed the masses and certainly do not have anything fantastic to offer. Guess you are paying the view as the cost was pretty high for what we ate. There are better places to enjoy a meal in this area so do not put this one on the top of your list.

1 Thank carol a
Ben W, General Manager at Webb's Captain's Table, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Good Afternoon Carol,

I personally apologize for the less than positive experience that you had. I also wanted to thank you for detailing exactly what made your experience sub-par. I will get together with our chef and look specifically at our Fish Fries, Steak Fries and French Fries and see what we can do to make them better. Also, if you have any suggestions that you are willing to share I would be interested in what you have to offer. Again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ben Webb
Email: ben@webbscaptainstable.com
Mobile: 716.499.7431
Fairport, New York
“Average and overpriced”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I had been here a couple of years ago and remember being impressed with the food.
But on this trip I found the food was average but the prices are higher than average

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Eugene C
Good Afternoon Eugene,

Thank you for taking the time give us feedback. Should you have an opportunity I would appreciate you contacting me either by email(ben@webbscaptainstable.com) or by cell phone 716.499.7431 so that I could find out what we could have done better to make your experience a positive one. Again thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ben Webb