“Great Carne Asada”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of County Grill - CLOSED

County Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Chinese, American, Indian, Southwestern, Fusion, Middle Eastern, Eastern European, South American, Minority Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Carne Asada”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We went to County Grill 6pm on a Saturday. We were greeted as soon as we walked in. There were only five tables filled. Our waitress was great about taking our order, getting drinks, etc. Great kids menu and regular menu. Very good prices. I ordered the carne asada and it was perfect. Not exactly the traditional carne asada which is why it was so wonderful. Cooked perfectly. My hubby ordered the fish tacos and was not over the moon with them. I enjoyed everything (although the waitress never came back to check on us so we didn't get drink refills until our meal was done) . I will definitely go back this week before our vacation is done! Tuesday is 99 cent taco night and I heard it is not to be missed! Definitely a great place to dine.

• Visited July 2014

NY
“Changed hands yet again and the hands move S...L..O..W...L..Y”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

As you have may have seen from my (and others) previous reviews the restaurant has changed hands again. This time it's Southwestern fare (that is 7 different cuisines/owner/managers in 10 years). The interior hasn't changed in that time, just the pictures on the walls...
But to the food, the soup was excellent and the dishes overall weren't bad, also the waitresses
were friendly and somewhat competent. Why the bad rating? The owner/chef (according to the wait staff decided that on a known busy lunch day, he decided to do it all himself and not call in any help in the kitchen. We received our drinks quickly and the soup (the waitress had control over that) but then we sat and sat and sat...luckily we were engrossed in conversation and didn't notice how long we'd been there until we were waiting about 45 minutes....when we looked around for a waitress she finally came over and apologized for the delay...then we waited some more...finally after an hour my lunch partner got her meal...the waitress said mine would be out in a minute...15 minutes later I finally had my meal...Over an hour wait for bean and cheese tacos I could make in under 5 minutes at home.
I know of the chef and although he has some talent (especially soups) his business sense seems sadly lacking...we wont be back...unless we need a place to sleep.

• Visited July 2014
Westfield, New York
“Southwestern Flair in the Neighborhood”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The County Grill in the Chautauqua County seat of Mayville has a new manager (winter2013), a new menu and a growing customer base. The reason is the emphasis on a quality Southwestern flavor with tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc. Alongside the Tex-Mex menu you will find other American and European favorites.

Visited May 2014
Mayville, New York
“great”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Easter 2014 brunch was excellent.Large selection at very reasonable price.Friendly service.Will definitely return.

• Visited April 2014
Mayville, New York, United States
“my review”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

my parents and i stopped there for lunch on our way home. the service and food were very good. the one suggestion that i have for the owners of this restaurant is that they need to advertise on our radio stations in dunkirk and jamestown and in our two daily newspapers, the dunkirk observer and the jamestown post-journal.

• Visited December 2013