and 1 more site!
Chautauqua Suites, Meeting & Expo Center
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mayville
“Wedding”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I came here for a wedding in June and really enjoyed it. The rooms were very clean and fairly priced. The hall was big and also very nice for a wedding and the food was exceptional. My only complaint would be some of the workers were a little on the rude side. All in all I think it's a great place for a wedding and a nice place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Jamestown, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had my wedding here this past weekend. My husband and I selected this venue back in February of 2013. Then our wedding planning hit a snag....You see, I am a Canadian who married a US citizen and this was presenting difficulty and delays to our wedding plans. We had to endure setbacks with government paperwork and were forced to postpone our Sept 2013 wedding indefinitely!!! Shelli, (the hotels" wedding wizard!!") was nothing but understanding of our situation and put all the plans on hold for us. The entire time we were waiting for immigration to give us answers and trying to be patient , Shelli was in constant contact with us. She cared what we were going through and always put my mind at ease that the day would come.

Well, I am thrilled to say..., It CAME!!! Our wedding on April 25, 2014 was wonderful!!!! The Prime Rib was amazing, my guests enjoyed the excellent service from the Chautauqua Suites Staff and even though Shelli was out of town at that time, we were well taken care of by Natalie the General Manager. The hospitality suite we stayed in was bright, clean and lovely. The hotel is immaculate, staff were cleaning constantly. I had an amazing experience here and as someone from another country who had no idea where to have my wedding in the area, I'm so happy I found this quiet lakeside hotel. I had many out of town relatives and guests stay the night, including my wedding party, and I heard only positive feedback.

Thank you Shelli, Thank you Natalie, Thank you staff of Chautauqua Suites for making my experience so memorable, my wedding day so beautiful and my transition from Canada to the USA a little less stressful.

All you brides out there...if you are looing for a venue in Mayville this is the one!!!

Signed

The new "Mrs" :):)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristin S
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Depends on what/where you like around the Chautauqua area, but this is a place I've stayed a couple of times with good results - and I especially like the more laid-back nature of the Mayville section. There are two distinct personalities of Chautauqua Suites - in winter, it is hyper-quiet, but with a bar and restaurant on property and friendly staff, it makes for a nice stop. It's a different story in summer - bustling, loud, frequently a site for weddings or parties, and the bar can be a stop for locals/seasonals looking for a place to convene. The rooms are pleasant, clean, well-attended and have been reasonably updated, and the property always seems well-maintained. This is, in my view, the best option up on the north end of the lake, and one suggestion for a meal is to order from Andriaccio's Pizza and have it delivered. Mayville also has a couple of decent choices for breakfast. Not the flashiest or nicest place around, but a very solid choice for lodging and at the top of the heap for this part of the Chautauqua area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cowslower
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Was there this past weekend. The staff was friendly, the rooms were spacious and clean and the lobby was nicely decorated. We understand this is a summer resort so we were ok with the continental breakfast instead of the sit down in the summer. They were advertising the bar having 4.95 all you can eat chili on Sunday and I was looking forward to heading down there for lunch, watching the NFL games and staying for dinner. We were there at 1130 and it was closed. We asked the staff when the bar opened. We assumed noon. They said 4pm!!!
I said "You do realize there is football on at 1pm" They said yes but we dont open that early. So we took our business to their competitors (Webbs) and had lunch there and stayed to watch the games. We were there til 5 and spent almost 200 dollars. Just so you know, your decision to not open for NFL games at 1pm cost you AT LEAST 200 dollars.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike S
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The room was clean and spacious and the location was in nice proximity to the activities on the lake. However, it seemed as though they cut corners in some areas. Our thermostat was not working well and we were warm the entire night. Twice our room card wouldn't work so they eventually gave us keys instead. They just had too many issues for $150.00 a night. They are one of the only hotels that allows one night stays at Chautauqua. If we needed to stay one night again, I would consider it for that reason alone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We visit the Wine Trail twice a year and have always stayed here. Our visit this time was good. The room was clean and comfortable. Television had a nice selection of channels and there was free wi-fi. The only downside of our visit was the continental breakfast. It makes no sense that this is a conference center and the breakfast is so poor. Small boxes of cereal, bagels, orange juice and coffee should really be beefed up with hot items similar to other hotels. Waffles, eggs, and bacon would be a nice addition. But perhaps they have not gone this way because the owners of the Chatauqua suites also own The County Grill in Mayville. The front desk recommended it and said it had the same owners.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Trish H
In the Country, NY
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was a return visit for us, as we have stayed here before because we have attended weddings here, and rather than driving home (20 minutes) it's just nice to be able to stay and not worry about getting a ride home or driving after a long day of celebrating.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. With a pull out sleeper sofa in the "sitting" room, a TV, refrigerator, desk, ice bucket and plastic cups. Lamp lighting and not any windows or tables or small stands in this room. A narrow hall leads to a small bathroom with a toilet and sink. Very well lit, hair dryer, soap and towels. Following the hall to the back is the bedroom, and full bath. A queen size bed, nice linens, TV, alarm clock/radio. Plenty of pillows and extra blanket. The full bath is a little odd, as the door swings into the room and makes it just awkward. A roomy shower stall, good water pressure, nice hot water. Higher end shampoos and soaps are supplied. While it was nice foe the two of us, I'd be reluctant to stay with more than 2 ppl per room. I can see how it can be squishy, especially for extended stays. But-very clean. A continental breakfast is included, we did not partake, so I can not comment on this.

There is a fitness room and pool, OFF SITE. While it is probably located within 2 miles it is not at the hotel. Did not visit this either.

The Meeting room, is large and very nicely decorated. I have been to many events here from wedding receptions to sports banquets and the staff and hotel employees have always been friendly and professional. The public rooms are also clean and well lit, bathrooms clean and spacious.

The Belenni Lounge is located down the hall, and the meeting room walls can slide open and make it convenient to enjoy beverages from the lounge. But be prepared, the drinks are overpriced-$7 for bar vodka, and weak. Bottled beer $4 and up. the service is good, friendly and the atmosphere is nice, good lighting and also has adjoining clean restrooms. I believe they serve bar food and appetizers.

Olives restaurant is also located on site. We did not eat here this visit, but have before. The food is good, and I will write a separate review for that at another time. Just letting you know there is a full service restaurant on site.

Ample parking. Located across the street from Chautauqua Lake, just outside of Mayville, NY. Not really a lot to do within walking distance.

Our stay was just over $100 a night. Yes we will stay here again if need be.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank djad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayville
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
Holiday Motel Westfield
Holiday Motel Westfield
#2 of 2 in Westfield
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown

Been to Chautauqua Suites, Meeting & Expo Center? Share your experiences!