“mediocre birthday party for a lot of money”

TreePaad Fun Center
Albany, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“mediocre birthday party for a lot of money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We held our son's 9th birthday party here. Kids spend 30 minutes in a fort which has guns that shoot balls and a cannon that explodes some balls every so often. You are able to choose 2 additional activities which are 15 min each. We chose bounce house and laser tag. We brought our own cake and goodie bags.

In general I'll say this might be a fun place for 4,5,6 year olds. When I called to schedule the they said they have lots of 9 yr old's birthday parties.

It started with our party coach being late. Someone else registered us so the kids could start the ball fort. The kids in our party were bored after 10-15 minutes of the fort. It was supposed to be 30 min at the fort but I had to go find the party coach so the kids could move on.There are 2 bounce houses and both are very small. The pictures on the website are not accurate as there is no slide. Intead of splitting kids between the 2 they bounce in one then go bounce in the other. The kids did have fun with laser tag.

We made the mistake of ordering pizza for the adults without asking about price. It is almost $32 for 2 cheese pizzas and 2 pitchers of soda. That wasn't made clear; I thought we were ordering 1 cheese pizza but I didn't ask. And the pizza wasn't very good but as expected for this type of place.

I wouldn't have a party here again. It wasn't worth the $225 (plus $30 extra pizza).

Visited February 2014
4 Thank smiths572

Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great place to bring the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I've taken my daughter here a number of times and she loves it. Typically, we pay for the use of the ball fort and nothing else, and it's not super-unreasonable. I'd imagine that a party here would be a great idea, but I've never had or attended one. They have a rock climbing wall, an infant/small toddler area, a large ball fort(primary attraction), a trampoline basketball game(for older kids), laser tag, something resembling a build-a-bear station where you can stuff animals, bounce houses, and a laser maze, as well as a number of coin sucking games and machines that will leech you dry. They also have a small food window where they have some gross-looking pizza and pretzels and other junk. I have not tested any of it, so I can't attest to its quality.

When my daughter was three, she loved the ball fort but hated all the noise. It's very noisy inside and a lot of little kids cover their ears when the central air blaster goes off. Now, at 4, she loves it and will run around like a maniac for hours. There are several slides, lots of alcoves and obstacles, and plenty to do. This place WEARS KIDS OUT.

The only main problem is that it's sometimes hard to keep her in the fort. She will walk right out and hover around the games, then beg me to play them. Obviously, this was TreePaad's intent as every quarter counts. But if you are good at saying no to your kids, it can make for a fun time. Caution: gets packed in the wintertime. Also, when you pay for the ball fort you are paying for 2 hours. However, no one has ever come around and checked my wristband or asked us to leave when we occasionally stay for 3 or 4.

Visited May 2013
Waterford, NY
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“If you can get your kids to stay in the fort it's worth every penny”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I didn't bother with the bounce house, toddler area or the rock climbing, etc. Just the fort alone was plenty for my high-energy three year old. We've been there several times, and he just LOVES it. The ball guns scared him at first but he got over it. Bonus for mom and dad too as with all that running and climbing, we were sweating at the end like we'd just completed a boot camp workout!

Two things I noticed and loved about the "rules"
nowhere does it say "no running"
parents are allowed in the fort (though don't know about bouncy areas, I would understand why if not)

This is a great place to go if you are an active parent and really want to play with your kid. Our son is an only child so we're often big brother/big sister too. He met other great kids as well and soon we had a whole train of people running a lap up to the upper level of the fort, running (full clip!) around the top and then going down the slides racing each other. Aaaand, repeat.

Food is "okay" but I didn't expect much. Much better than Chuck E Cheese in fun and food. Only benefit CEC has is they have Gluten Free Pizza but that only affects my friend, not me.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank TiffNLuke
Schenectady, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Second time not a charm”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Seems the rules in the way to pay for the place changes from day today high-cost for minimal use of activities. Seems it's more for a place for parties if you are not here for a party you must pay handsomely for each activity. Seems to me that the kids whom just come to play are treated poorly. Not really an indoor playground more of a party place. From what I see the parties are groups that do everything together kids must follow the employee around doing activities as planned no ability to choose. If you have a child that is disabled I would not bother coming. Nothing really anything here for them to do other than video games. We are here and yes I am writing this sitting in the place with a child with autism who had wrist band last time and now he can't confusing to him, stressful. There are no family restrooms so children must go into restrooms alone if with different sex parent, this makes me uncomfortable but at the sametime do not want to bring 9 year old in girls room with little girls. Could be more family friendly. Will not discuss food as is not anything our kids will be eating all fried and no fresh.

3 Thank Mary B
Schenectady, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great place to play! Food well lets talk”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

We went to the Tree Paad with my great nephews who have been waiting so impatiently for the re opening. The boys had a great time playing all the different activities. The staff are young and they do spend time texting and chatting among themselves. My oldest is special needs and he got along quite well until it came time for food. Seems fried is there favorite and for children that are taught to eat a healthier diet thee is nothing really to offer. This is what bothered me them most. There was nothing fresh to choose from, not even a simple tossed salad. Since this is a place that you can not bring food into it is hard on the family that is like ours and trying to teach our children to eat properly. For that matter the menu to the best of my knowledge had nothing I would consider glutten free either, except of course French fries.

We will be visiting the Tree Paad again this weekend but we are going to plan or time there in between meals, leaving when it is time for lunch. Would like to see healthier foods and then we could be there for the day.

2 Thank Mary B