“My extended stay at Dollinger's”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dollinger's Courtyard Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Medina
New London, Connecticut
“My extended stay at Dollinger's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I found Dollinger's to be clean, well kept, centrally located.
Staff is professional, friendly, and efficient.

What I liked most was the location because any business that needed to be done in Medina was only a few minutes away.

I liked the large clear TV, and the way the room was arranged. The bed was comfortable and the maid service was fast.
I appreciated the in room coffee along with the refrigerator and microwave.

Room Tip: Tip: Ask for Sharon to assist you. Rooms in back are quieter. Grateful guest Dr. David Guasta...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank David G

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Medina, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Motel, in Medina,NY. We found the room to be more than adequate. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. The owner and staff were very nice. We are here for business and cannot find an apartment. The owner has "bent over backwards" to help us and make our stay, in Medina, comfortable and relaxing. We thank them for their assistance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank Rose Ann H
Medina, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

The room had a stale smell. The shower was dark. The room was freezing. This place is in bad need of some serious TLC both the motel and it's staff...There was so much noise from all the traffic I barely got any sleep at all.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! It's over prices and not worth the price.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LInda14103
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Way over priced, the room had mold, I don't believe they knew what clean means. I cannot and will not except the excuse they gave us; The owner is 79!!!!!!!!! DO US ALL A FAVOR...SALE!!!!! Our mistake was when we asked to see the room prior to paying, we were told no!!!!!!

That was our red flag....We should have ran the other way...better yet...... demolish it...no ice, no extra of anything!....

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank medi1960
Freeport, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I was transferred to this place from the Dollinger's Motor Inn in Albion because the internet (which I needed for work) and TV were down at the Motor Inn. I was transferred here because they were not willing to refund me for the nights I had prepaid for (even with a 24 hour notice). I was also never given the tiny refund I was actually able to negotiate for my inconvenience. While both of those amenities were working at the Dollinger's Courtyard Motel location, the rooms were just gross. I actually ended up going back to the Albion location because there was no way I would have been able to sleep here and did not have the budget to pay for another hotel on top of this one (they did manage to fix the internet). The freezer part of the fridge had brown and really stinky stuff in it that made the whole unit unusable. The carpet was nasty, the bedding ancient, and there appeared to be people living at the motel full-time with bags of trash outside their door. The place is located right on a loud and busy road with a sketchy looking abandoned gas station behind it. The funny thing was that there were brand new flat screen TV's in the rooms - that money would have been MUCH better spent on new carpet. I would expect this place to be about $30/night - not $80. The guy working behind the counter was very friendly, but for the same price you can stay at the much cleaner Dollinger's Motor Inn in Albion (about 10 miles east of Medina) or a number of other chain hotels in Lockport. In the very least, ask to see your room before you pay!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BurlyBird
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

This place is desperately in need of maintainence. The smoke alarm was unplugged from the ceiling & laying on top of the refrigerator. There were burn marks on the floor of the bathroom. The shower was a dark box with no light. And they had the nerve to charge $84 for it!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nanjoh99
Hudson, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2008

This motel has no internet access, no continental breakfast and charges for each local call. Stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Donald C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medina
Hampton Inn Lockport - Buffalo
Dollinger's Motor Inn
Dollinger's Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Albion
Press Vineyard Retreat at Becker Farms

Been to Dollinger's Courtyard Motel? Share your experiences!