“" A great quick stay in New York "” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville

Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Medford, Massachusetts
“" A great quick stay in New York "”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed several nights . The room was not far from the elevator and stairs, 219. It was a great location and very quiet at night. Our car could be parked very near us as well. The bed was very comfortable and we used the kitchen , frig and microwave.
Good value for sure.

Room Tip: To go breakfast was just ok, if you like real milk bring your own. It was not off...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Theresa S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in and was able to take advantage of our kitchenette. I have shared your comments with the entire staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Hotel exceeded expectations. Some staff was good others were bad, but overall experience was great.Would definitely stay at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, again. Very comfortable and clean environment. Glad I picked this hotel because it was the first time I have been in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Terry - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and hotel. The staff and I are extremely proud to be able to offer guests like yourself clean and comfortable surroundings.

Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

The rooms were clean and they accepted our Goldendoodle and we didn't feel like we were in the "dog house". We have had some bad experiences traveling with pets. We now know we can travel with our pets .

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a pet friendly hotel and am glad this was a great benefit for you.

Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Writing this review during my stay here. I have been living here for a couple of months now. These are no frills studio rooms based at Melville. The rooms are decent sized(matters a lot as I am staying here for 3 months). Rooms are serviced once a week and they do a good job at it. The staff in this hotel is very friendly and efficient. The reception is closed from 10 pm to 6 am, but once had a problem in my room with the alarms at midnight and a staff member was glad to help sort the issue after the official hours. The property has a onsite Laundromat and a couple of vending machines for snacks, soda and laundry detergents. They provide a grab and go breakfast which is nothing but supermarket muffins, granola bar, fresh fruit and coffee. As I mentioned its a no frills place with no gym or restaurant. But there is a Hilton next door which has a pretty decent bar and restaurant. Also there are many fast food chains on Route 110. For an evening out I would recommend to head out to farmingdale main street which is around 2 miles away.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jcube
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff and our onsite amenities. As well, it is especially pleasing to know that enjoyed your time in Melville NY.

Melville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I love staying at the extended stay in Melville when I'm visiting!! the staff are very friendly as well as accommodating! and the rooms are clean and equipped with every thing you need for a long or short stay. if you come in town this would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about your stay in Melville. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our property and the treatment you received from the entire staff.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

Great experience really enjoyed staying here. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel to everybody. I am looking forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the hotel, the staff and your clean, comfortable room. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed one night in the Extended Stay America Melville hotel while visiting family nearby. Danny at the front desk was very helpful. Everything went smoothly; the room was clean and quiet, and the beds were comfortable. The kitchenette was minimal but functional (coffee pot, microwave, two burner stove, fridge, sink). I appreciate that they allow pets. I didn't hear any other animals or people from our room. Breakfast in the lobby in the morning was muffins, coffee, and fruit--nothing fancy but good quality and fresh.

To avoid New York City commuter traffic, we took drove 40 minutes east to Port Jefferson and took the ferry to Bridgeport, Connecticut. Port Jefferson is a cute town with restaurants and cafes near the water. Bridgeport is right on 95, so this worked well for us.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding Danny and the rest of the staff . I am also thrilled you were able to enjoy our new grab and go breakfast.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
BEST WESTERN Woodbury Inn
Four Points by Sheraton
Four Points by Sheraton
#3 of 6 in Plainview
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville

Been to Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville? Share your experiences!