“OKAY. NOTHING SPECIAL.”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Wisconsin, USA
“OKAY. NOTHING SPECIAL.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed for five nights in early August 2013. The accommodations were clean and the bed was comfortable. Pretty bare bones. The front desk was helpful. Okay for me traveling alone, but would choose something nicer if it weren't just for me.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your clean room and comfortable bed. As well, it is great to read that our staff provided you with such great service. Please know, we offer many different amenities that both a single traveler and family/group would like. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a great stay the next time you're in the area, solo or with others.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Booked a room based on the reviews from Tripadvisor. I was in the area before check-in time and decided to stop by and check out the accommodations. I requested a Non Smoking Room. Non Smoking Rooms are allegedly on the first and second floors. A very nice lady directed me to a room on the first floor to inspect. The odor of stale cigarette odor was so strong I could not breathe. I went back to the desk and told the lady that the room could not possibly be a Non Smoking Room. She assured me it was and directed me to another room on the second floor. When I got off the elevator there was a foul smell in the hallway. The odor in the room reminded me of a basement in an old house that never had a humidifier. Needless to say I cancelled my reservation. I can't believe people are rating this hotel 4 or 5 Stars. My 2 Star review is generous so if you are a non-smoker please look at other options in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank chiarfk
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that there was a smell of smoke in your room. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to treat all of our non-smoking rooms once more to prevent this type of issue from happening again.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at lim@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Melville hotels

Medford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed several nights . The room was not far from the elevator and stairs, 219. It was a great location and very quiet at night. Our car could be parked very near us as well. The bed was very comfortable and we used the kitchen , frig and microwave.
Good value for sure.

Room Tip: To go breakfast was just ok, if you like real milk bring your own. It was not off...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Theresa S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in and was able to take advantage of our kitchenette. I have shared your comments with the entire staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Hotel exceeded expectations. Some staff was good others were bad, but overall experience was great.Would definitely stay at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, again. Very comfortable and clean environment. Glad I picked this hotel because it was the first time I have been in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Terry - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and hotel. The staff and I are extremely proud to be able to offer guests like yourself clean and comfortable surroundings.

Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

The rooms were clean and they accepted our Goldendoodle and we didn't feel like we were in the "dog house". We have had some bad experiences traveling with pets. We now know we can travel with our pets .

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a pet friendly hotel and am glad this was a great benefit for you.

Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Writing this review during my stay here. I have been living here for a couple of months now. These are no frills studio rooms based at Melville. The rooms are decent sized(matters a lot as I am staying here for 3 months). Rooms are serviced once a week and they do a good job at it. The staff in this hotel is very friendly and efficient. The reception is closed from 10 pm to 6 am, but once had a problem in my room with the alarms at midnight and a staff member was glad to help sort the issue after the official hours. The property has a onsite Laundromat and a couple of vending machines for snacks, soda and laundry detergents. They provide a grab and go breakfast which is nothing but supermarket muffins, granola bar, fresh fruit and coffee. As I mentioned its a no frills place with no gym or restaurant. But there is a Hilton next door which has a pretty decent bar and restaurant. Also there are many fast food chains on Route 110. For an evening out I would recommend to head out to farmingdale main street which is around 2 miles away.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jcube
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff and our onsite amenities. As well, it is especially pleasing to know that enjoyed your time in Melville NY.

Melville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I love staying at the extended stay in Melville when I'm visiting!! the staff are very friendly as well as accommodating! and the rooms are clean and equipped with every thing you need for a long or short stay. if you come in town this would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about your stay in Melville. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our property and the treatment you received from the entire staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
BEST WESTERN Woodbury Inn
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island

Been to Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville? Share your experiences!