1,040 results
All reviews the executive lounge long island indoor pool nice hotel lobby bar front desk staff new york huntington kathy conference lie
Reviewed 29 October 2013

It's people like Maryann at the front desk who create customers for life...

I was traveling to NY on business and left my laptop charger in the office at Elmsford. I had a massive presentation due at 8am the next morning that needed quite a bit of touch up...I'm dead in the water without my computer. On a whim when I was checking in I asked Maryann if there was any chance that a Lenovo charger was in lost and found, anything to get some juice. She actually gave me her personal lap top charger and trusted that I return it the next day to the front desk.

I can't say enough about how much that meant to me. Had Maryann not went above and beyond the call of duty, I would have been in front of Senior Leadership tomorrow without a presentation on how my company should staff in 2014 for a 1 Billion dollar channel of business.

Long Island was recently aligned to my district, and there's no question from now on I'll be staying at this hotel when I'm in the market (every 6 weeks). It's all thanks to the Exceptional Customer Experience from Maryann! It actually felt like the TripAdvsior commercials...this is a 4 star hotel until the service saves the day and raises the bar to 5 star and creates a customer for life.

As for the hotel in general, it was recently upgraded and the room was outstanding. Ample workspace, comfortable bedding and a rockin' showerhead. That's all that matters to me when traveling for business!

Thank you, Maryann!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jim F, Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We truly appreciate your recognition of our Front desk team as well as our new rooms and hotel product. Your point of service levels are a critical measure of how we are delivering customer service. Yes, raising the bar every day to meet and exceed your expectations are our primary goal.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The hotel is located conveniently off the main strip and has a spacious and well appointed lobby and rooms. Room service was good and the room was tidied early in the morning. Food at the hotel was lackluster, however, with chicken being served for all meals and with little variety in vegetables/rice. Wireless only available for free in the lobby---hotel room wireless and/or convention rooms require additional hookup/cost.

Thank Mike DR. K

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding our property. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding room service and our hotel. Regarding the items on the menu, thank you for your points with our food and beverage team. We strive to meet and exceed your expecations and look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stay at this property for business reasons. The staffs at the bar and the bellmen are friendly. Front desk staff is hit or miss. The housekeeping is good and they take care of the room. Food here is marginal at best, if you have a maintenance issue, you might as well live with it. Unless you are staying for a meeting being held at the property, I would look elsewhere for a true guest experience

2  Thank Mark R

Dear Mark,

We appreciate your bringing these points to our attention. Rest assured we take your comments very seriously. Our goal is to meet and exceed your expecations and your feedback allows us to acheive this process. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Attended wedding nearby and stayed two nights. At check in my confirmed reservations were different from what was offered but upon push back agent satisfied me. Our very generous sized room showed a surprising level of wear. Disappointing for a top brand. Food and service at bar and restaurant was barely acceptable. Location is good and many amenities are nearby. Would avoid staying here again.

Room Tip: No suggestion
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank George F

Dear George,

Thank you for your points in your review. Your feedback is critical to ensure we meet and exceed your expectations. We do apologize that we did not meet your expections and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was disappointed that there wasn't free wi-fi service in the rooms, only the lobby. Also, the bathroom was inconvenient due to there was no shelf or counter to place your toiletries, I have stayed in many hotels that offer these ameinities

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine D

Dear Catherine,

We truly appreciate your feedback and take your points very seriously. Our goal is meet and exceed your expecations at our property. Thank you as well for the high scores on our newly rennovated hotel. We hope to serve you again in the future.