1,030 results
All reviewsthe executive loungelong islandindoor poolnice hotellobby barfront desk staffnew yorkhuntingtonkathyconferencelie
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. As we have lived on Long Island in the past, we know what a good hotel is and isn't for the area. First, the staff were as pleasant as could be. Second, the price was extremely competitive (we were there for a wedding and had a wedding price; we came in a day earlier than everyone and the hotel gave us the discounted price for our extra night). Third, it is a very comfortable hotel, with good amenities and clean rooms. No complaints at all re. this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Roy H
Jim F, Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Roy,

We are very appreciative of your kind comments regarding our pricing, hotel and staff. Our team strives to meet and exceed your expecations and your feedback is quite important. We look forward to see you again very soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I travel extensively and had the pleasure to have helped choose this Hilton for a Mini Reunion of friends. Well on August 16th or 17th of this year I met a front desk person named Elizabeth. From the moment I entered the lobby and began my check in process, she was there to help and expedite. For a first person contact, she surely gets the job done properly. Well about 70 of us were there and she handled everyone efficiently and professionally. Even over the next few days she constantly keep in touch to make sure all went well. And it did!!.

So well that I advised the planning committee to use the same hotel next year (2014) which they are going to do for the weekend of August 2nd.

Please make sure she gets the accolades that she deserves.

Thanking You

Colonel Russell Posner

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Russel,

Thank your very kind comments and recognition of Elizabeth at our front desk. We appreciate your observations of our front desk operation. We have a great staff and strive to meet and exceed your expecations each and every time. We are looking forward to your return very soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed here for 5 days for business in late October. Initially the room looked pretty decent but upon further inspection found a few gems:

1 - stain on the fitted sheet
2 - mold in the corners and grout in the shower
3 - missing tile and major water damage to the wall beside the shower(could see right into the wall)
4 - no ventilation fan in the bathroom (hence mold)
5 - Missing and cracked sealant around the sink. could see into the cabinet below
6 - pool closed the entire time
7 - didn't see any concierge service the whole trip
8 - hallway smelt sour and damp
9 - $14 wifi a day, per devic

I expect this from a 2 star Motel not a high end Hotel. I would not come back or recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JMattei06
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Mr. Mattei:

I appreciate your review. I am sorry that the bathroom conition in your guest room was in poor condition. This room should not have been given out to any guest. I have shared your concerns with our chief engineer to ensure the deficiencies have been corrected. I appreciate you giving us an opportunity to enhance our performance.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed there for my nephews wedding, as it was recommended by the Wedding venue. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable. However the heating system is terrible, my room was 85 degrees and my brother in laws was 90+ degrees. I could not lower the thermostat below 75 degrees and there no no way to turn off the heat and just have a fan.

Room Tip: Make sure the thermostat works to way low and way high before you go to bed so you can have a pleasant night's sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Jim F, Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Lydia,

We appreciate your comments and take them very seriously. We truly apologize for your room temperature not being satisfactory. Our goal is to meet and exceed your expecations each and every stay. Your kind comments about our new room product are very much appreciated. We hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Wow, what a change! The place has been redecorated since my last visit (about eight months ago). Kyle Hall at the front desk checked me in and granted a guest comfort favor. The lobby now has more selections for grab and go sandwiches and coffee. It seems Verizon has finally put a cell tower nearby (it used to be a cell phone Bermuda Triangle).

Room Tip: Noise has never really been much of a problem with this hotel - rooms ending in 44 are close to the elevator but quiet from an outside noise standpoint.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jim F, Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

We truly appreciate your kind comments and recognition of our employees. We have enhanced our selection at our grab and go and continue to strive and exceed your expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Ellen Ruane - General Manager