1,040 results
All reviews the executive lounge long island indoor pool nice hotel lobby bar front desk staff new york huntington kathy conference lie
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel stay was a time my sisters and family could connect for the burial of our mother.
We were originally New york State residents,and, when our mother passed in california our family needed a hotel to come together for her memorial service and burial at St Charles Cemetary, The accomodations were excellent, the food very good at Masterson's Restauarant for after her burial. The staff were very kind to our needs and bereavment during this difficult time. Thank you...to Mary Ann, Kyle and Oksana...

Room Tip: Ask for bereavement rate during hotel stay....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Lisa S:

I was pleased to learn that you found our accommodations excellent, food very good at our steakhouse, and our staff to be kind. I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family are finding comfort. I will be sure to thank the employees you mentioned. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The room was overpriced. We went to eat elsewhere because hotel restaurant was expensive. Heating system did not work properly and there was noise from a party or another room till after midnight. In all fairness, we did not report the noise or heating system problems till checkout time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear TripAdvisor Member:

I am sorry you found us to be expensive. We believe our rates are competitive for this area. I do apologize that the heating system in your room was not working properly and that there some noisy neighbors on your weekend stay. I do appreciate your feedback and being our guest. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I travel to Long Island a couple times a month from Dallas, TX and I’ve stayed at several different hotels over the years. I’ve now found one that stands above the others and because of their friendly staff & great service I will book this one every time from now on. I would recommend staying here to anyone..

Room Tip: All rooms are great but if you get a chance try 101...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jim F, Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Hi Stephen,

We very much appreciate your kind comments on our staff and service levels. We strive to raise the service bar and having a caring employee staff makes all the difference.

We look forward to your return !

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. As we have lived on Long Island in the past, we know what a good hotel is and isn't for the area. First, the staff were as pleasant as could be. Second, the price was extremely competitive (we were there for a wedding and had a wedding price; we came in a day earlier than everyone and the hotel gave us the discounted price for our extra night). Third, it is a very comfortable hotel, with good amenities and clean rooms. No complaints at all re. this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Roy H
Jim F, Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Roy,

We are very appreciative of your kind comments regarding our pricing, hotel and staff. Our team strives to meet and exceed your expecations and your feedback is quite important. We look forward to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I travel extensively and had the pleasure to have helped choose this Hilton for a Mini Reunion of friends. Well on August 16th or 17th of this year I met a front desk person named Elizabeth. From the moment I entered the lobby and began my check in process, she was there to help and expedite. For a first person contact, she surely gets the job done properly. Well about 70 of us were there and she handled everyone efficiently and professionally. Even over the next few days she constantly keep in touch to make sure all went well. And it did!!.

So well that I advised the planning committee to use the same hotel next year (2014) which they are going to do for the weekend of August 2nd.

Please make sure she gets the accolades that she deserves.

Thanking You

Colonel Russell Posner

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Russel,

Thank your very kind comments and recognition of Elizabeth at our front desk. We appreciate your observations of our front desk operation. We have a great staff and strive to meet and exceed your expecations each and every time. We are looking forward to your return very soon.