“Fantastic Service”

Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Arrived from England on a long haul flight with an infant. Staff were so accommodating and friendly. Particularly Maryann at the front desk. They did everything they could to set my wife and I up at get our baby to sleep. They upgraded us to a lovely room. Overall hotel is in good condition. Only negative is that the food in the hotel wasn't as great as the service. But the service was so good there is no question whether I would come back. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Ask for Maryann. :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Mtrager:

Thank you for your review. I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. I am glad MaryAnn was able to upgrade you to a larger room. We strive to make each guests' stay relaxing and pleasant. We do hope you join us again for another great stay. If and when you do, please contact me directly. Thank you.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Decent hotel with some good amenities.
Pros:
* Good gym, with plenty of space, weights, even medicine balls
* Full Service, with restaurant, etc. Great breakfast.
Cons:
* Staff: Didn't say hello (or anything) to me when I checked in. Long Island hospitality.
* Rooms were very outdated. Very small closet (see picture). My clothes practically touched the ground, and I'm only 5'9". Lighting in the room was very low, even with every single light turned on.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Jain:

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed our fitness center and restaurant. I do apologize that you were not appropriately greeted when you arrived to check in. That is something we will address immediately. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very nice hotel close to restaurants and big box stores for emergencies. Went for a wedding, so spent most of the weekend out of the hotel. Great place to stay. There were a lot of weddings at the hotel that weekend. I didnt mind since I was there for that reason as well. But not a quiet get away if that is what you are looking forl.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Tania M:

I was happy to learn you enjoyed our hotel and mentioning that we have an ideal location to several nearby stores and eateries. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Checked in early (1:30pm) and the room was ready which was nice. Another guest was at the front desk complaining that her room key didn't work and this was her fourth try to get a key that opens. Went up to my room on the 4th floor. First thing I noticed walking down the hall was many room service trays were left outside the guest rooms. Kind of gross. Got to my room; it was very spacious and had recent updates. Not much of a view. The bed was comfy and the rug was clean. I did notice the the inside of the bathroom door was very dirty. It had something splashed on it and hand prints. The room got very cold at night and they heat did not work. It took three calls over two hours just to get a space heater. The maintenance man who finally dropped off the space heater did offer to look at the heating unit in the room, but by this time, I was very tired and wanted to go to sleep. The space heater worked fine. Breakfast buffet (hot & cold selections) is good and the waiter and hostess is friendly. What I really didn't like is that anyone off the street can access the elevator to the guest room floors. I was in the elevator with a food delivery man. I guess you can order take out and anyone can come up to the guest rooms. For me, that was uncomfortable. I prefer a hotel elevator require the guest room key be entered before it will allow a floor to be selected.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MillersChild

Dear MillersChild:

I was happy to learn that we were able to accommodate your earily check in and that you found our room to be spacious, bed comfortable, and good breakfast buffet selections. I have shared your feedback with our executive housekeeper and restaurant manager in an effort to enhance our performance. I do apologize that your space heater request was delayed.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel stay was a time my sisters and family could connect for the burial of our mother.
We were originally New york State residents,and, when our mother passed in california our family needed a hotel to come together for her memorial service and burial at St Charles Cemetary, The accomodations were excellent, the food very good at Masterson's Restauarant for after her burial. The staff were very kind to our needs and bereavment during this difficult time. Thank you...to Mary Ann, Kyle and Oksana...

Room Tip: Ask for bereavement rate during hotel stay....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lisa S:

I was pleased to learn that you found our accommodations excellent, food very good at our steakhouse, and our staff to be kind. I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family are finding comfort. I will be sure to thank the employees you mentioned. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The room was overpriced. We went to eat elsewhere because hotel restaurant was expensive. Heating system did not work properly and there was noise from a party or another room till after midnight. In all fairness, we did not report the noise or heating system problems till checkout time.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear TripAdvisor Member:

I am sorry you found us to be expensive. We believe our rates are competitive for this area. I do apologize that the heating system in your room was not working properly and that there some noisy neighbors on your weekend stay. I do appreciate your feedback and being our guest. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I travel to Long Island a couple times a month from Dallas, TX and I’ve stayed at several different hotels over the years. I’ve now found one that stands above the others and because of their friendly staff & great service I will book this one every time from now on. I would recommend staying here to anyone..

Room Tip: All rooms are great but if you get a chance try 101...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jim F, Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Hi Stephen,

We very much appreciate your kind comments on our staff and service levels. We strive to raise the service bar and having a caring employee staff makes all the difference.

We look forward to your return !

Best Regards,

Ellen Ruane

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale

Been to Hilton Long Island/Huntington? Share your experiences!