“Very Bad Hilton Property”

Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Springfield, Missouri
“Very Bad Hilton Property”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am a Hilton Diamond member and travel a lot. This was, by far, the worst Hilton property I have ever stayed in. I stayed three nights and had to have four sets of room keys during my stay - the keys just would not work. I sent two shirts out for laundry and they weren't returned until the end of the next day (supposed to be same day service). The internet was out all of one evening and the next morning. Quality of service at breakfast was very, very poor. I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank David D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
ROCHESTER, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2014

First of all they over charged me $793.00 when I checked in, and they refunded it back to my card but it takes 3 days for it to go back on my card so I was on vacation with no money to use and they didn’t even apologize for the inconvenience. I left my belongings in my hotel room thinking it’s the Hilton so it’s a safe place but I had no idea that everything I had would be gone within hours of me not being in my room. MY PURSE, WALLET, CREDIT CARDS, CASH, MK SUNGLASSES, MY PASSPORT, everything was stolen from my ROOM. The staff was very rude; the cop that came to investigate was a joke. They had no idea how someone got inside my room and I didn’t have enough money to get back home and all they said was “WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT”. It’s the worst place to stay, I felt disrespected, cheated, and just unimportant. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

4 Thank Denise G
CT
Reviewed 30 April 2014

such a horrible night. At first sight room looked to be very nice and large on 4th floor, which I am told is the "executive floor" although it did smell of smoke and countertops were not cleaned well. However, between the hours of midnight and 3 am - there were a bunch of drunk teenagers from a prom banging on all the doors, being REALLY loud and smoking cigars in hallway. I called front desk 3 times and asked to have my room moved. I was told the hotel was full and they cold only move me 3 rooms over, which obviously wouldn't have helped. Each time I called I was told " ok, we will check it out" to no avail. After a night of zero sleep, I went to front desk to complain, where a nice young girl said " I will take care of this, I cant right now because our systems are down, but I will take your info" (should have gotten a refund) and lo and behold, never heard from her or anyone else. Upon my return home ( 3 hour drive on no sleep) I emailed " general manager", Eleen Ruane, who also did nothing to help me. Such a shame, we have stayed there so many times and are Hilton reward members - but NEVER, EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jeaninct
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Jeaninct:

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Please recall that I emailed you twice in an effort to contact you after I read the Hilton survey you completed the day after your stay. You emailed me back saying not to contact you because you were too busy. Therefore, it is very difficult for me to have any type of communication with you.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Banquet hall is doing a party often and people are so noisy.The hotel man said they can't do anything and actually
didn't do anything for me.I thought it was a dance club instead a hotel.I couldn't sleep until 4:00 in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Yummy:

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize that the night you stayed it was noisy over our banquet room. I am sorry that we were not able to move your room that night because we were sold out. If you ever return to this area, please call me directly so that I may personally handle your reservation.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been going to this hotel for years,and it's recent refurbishing has improved the hotel a lot. The entrance area, bar and breakfast area are much nicer, and the room has improved also.
The staff is generally very friendly, personable and pleasant, especially at the breakfast area.
The gym wasn't cleaned properly, there were towels, drinks on the floor, no water available and no cleaning materials. When I complained, the gentlemen at the reception 'explained' that he knew there were a bunch of kids in the evening causing this and they soon will be gone. He didn't feel anyone needed to either clean up afterwards or take any other action, but tomorrow it should be fine.
Other than this incident, I feel this is a pleasant business hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Carol A:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be helpful. We appreciate you being our guest and look forward to serving you again.
Fairfield, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Lovely hotel, I wouldn't recommend the restaurant at the bar. Rooms are very clean and the executive lounge was very nice with lots of food, beverages, etc. The staff was very helpful when we had a rowdy crowd staying on our floor - they kicked them out of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Carol A:

Thank you for your review about our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly. We look forward to serving you again.
Parrish, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights on the executive floor and I have to say our first room was loud, we could hear the guest in the next room through our walls, we didn't last 5 minutes however the front desk did everything they could to accommodate a quieter room for us. The Bell Hop, Mike, could not have been more friendly. The two front desk personnel we dealt with with amazing and kind and warm and sympathetic in an honest way, big thank you to Ben and Amanda, especially Amanda for making our 6 night stay feel like a home away from home. Unfortunately, this is an older property and we were a bit uncomfortable with the heat/air conditioner situation. We like a cold room and it was impossible to have without our window being left open the entire stay. (rm 503) Management again was helpful and sent up and engineer, Marquis, who could not have been nicer or happier to explain the older system to us and lack of cooling during the winter month of March. One thing I want to mention is the website indicates a coin operated laundry facility for guests, please be advised that there is no such facility at this hotel. Other than that, it was a wonderful stay and we will absolutely return again and again. Thank you to all those mentioned here and to those in the executive floor lounge, each and everyone of you made us welcome.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ellesor826:

Thank you for your review. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our front desk staff and engineer to be helpful. I am sorry that your first room was not as quiet as you had hoped and that it lists we have a laundry facility on site. I will make sure we remove that immediately. Thank you for being our guest. We hope to serve you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island

Been to Hilton Long Island/Huntington? Share your experiences!