“Hated this hotel”

Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I absolutely hated my stay at this hotel. I was in a room on the second floor. The room was located just by the top of the waterfall and overlooked the indoor pool. This sounds nice but there was no daylight whatsoever. I didn't change rooms because I was exhausted when I arrived and knew that I would only be there less than 24 hours but I wish I had as having no daylight was so depressing.
Strangely power points are located behind the beds at pillow level. The aircon did not work either - just blowing recycled air. The in-room safe did not work and the room looked grubby and was not cleaned to the standards that are expected in the USA. Unless you like going to malls there is very little in the immediate vicinity of this hotel.

On the positive side, the breakfast was very good.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Terrible rooms. Housekeeping turns off climate control and opens windows (even during allergy season). They don't pay much attention to preferences - you may get a handicap room. The location is convenient for business travelers but otherwise has nothing to offer - it is in a semi-industrial space.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Best Hilton I have ever stayed at!! The front desk is fantastic thank you Amanda, Melissa, Ilana, Liz, and MaryAnn for all your help and hospitality. The guest room was beautiful and extremely comfortable. If you want a relaxing place to stay this is your place!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Kyle:

Thank you for the great review of our front desk staff and guest room. I am glad that you were able to relax. We hope to serve you again very soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

It's a shame that this hotel seems to be drifting down into the abyss of poor management as it's location and general quality of the rooms are great. Even though I was on the executive floor, I found hair in the sink and peeling paint above the shower. For some reason they no longer offer even a glass of wine in the executive lounge! What a lack of hospitality.

TIP: Eat breakfast somewhere else. The executive lounge breakfast is about the poorest I have ever seen in a Hilton.

1  Thank CuriousTravelerRadio

Dear CuriousTravelerRadio:

I am sorry you were checked into a room that should not have been rented. We do offer beer and wine for a nominal charge in our exeuctive lounge. On the few occasions our lounge is closed, we offer a complimentary beverage. I am sorry you were not satisifed with our breakfast offerings, but we do offer two more additional hot items than what is required so that we can meet or exceed our Gold and Diamond member's expectations.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am a Hilton Diamond member and travel a lot. This was, by far, the worst Hilton property I have ever stayed in. I stayed three nights and had to have four sets of room keys during my stay - the keys just would not work. I sent two shirts out for laundry and they weren't returned until the end of the next day (supposed to be same day service). The internet was out all of one evening and the next morning. Quality of service at breakfast was very, very poor. I would not recommend this property.

1  Thank David D
Reviewed 6 May 2014

First of all they over charged me $793.00 when I checked in, and they refunded it back to my card but it takes 3 days for it to go back on my card so I was on vacation with no money to use and they didn’t even apologize for the inconvenience. I left my belongings in my hotel room thinking it’s the Hilton so it’s a safe place but I had no idea that everything I had would be gone within hours of me not being in my room. MY PURSE, WALLET, CREDIT CARDS, CASH, MK SUNGLASSES, MY PASSPORT, everything was stolen from my ROOM. The staff was very rude; the cop that came to investigate was a joke. They had no idea how someone got inside my room and I didn’t have enough money to get back home and all they said was “WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT”. It’s the worst place to stay, I felt disrespected, cheated, and just unimportant. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Denise G
Reviewed 30 April 2014

such a horrible night. At first sight room looked to be very nice and large on 4th floor, which I am told is the "executive floor" although it did smell of smoke and countertops were not cleaned well. However, between the hours of midnight and 3 am - there were a bunch of drunk teenagers from a prom banging on all the doors, being REALLY loud and smoking cigars in hallway. I called front desk 3 times and asked to have my room moved. I was told the hotel was full and they cold only move me 3 rooms over, which obviously wouldn't have helped. Each time I called I was told " ok, we will check it out" to no avail. After a night of zero sleep, I went to front desk to complain, where a nice young girl said " I will take care of this, I cant right now because our systems are down, but I will take your info" (should have gotten a refund) and lo and behold, never heard from her or anyone else. Upon my return home ( 3 hour drive on no sleep) I emailed " general manager", Eleen Ruane, who also did nothing to help me. Such a shame, we have stayed there so many times and are Hilton reward members - but NEVER, EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jeaninct
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Jeaninct:

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Please recall that I emailed you twice in an effort to contact you after I read the Hilton survey you completed the day after your stay. You emailed me back saying not to contact you because you were too busy. Therefore, it is very difficult for me to have any type of communication with you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack

Been to Hilton Long Island/Huntington? Share your experiences!