“WOW service”

Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I arrived at the hotel expecting that customer service would not be good because of reviews posted on line. I was wrong,, do not believe what you read... The staff very friendly, rooms are large and clean.. hotel bars busy with good staff attending guests...I was upgraded to 4 floor with access to lounge on the 5th floor because of key issues with room doors. Manager Fred very apologetic and advised us that the hotel will be upgrading to new lock system within the next 60 days..We book with hotels.com and never get the treatment we received at this Hilton. We were at the bar having lunch and complaining about the cold water in the pool. Fred was in the bar and called the maintenance Manager to quickly fixed the problem and explained that the matter will be fixed by the next day. He gave us discount voucher for dinner and free drink vouchers,, very good to get free drinks , after the free drinks the water was not feeling cold any more. NICE hotel and Great staff.....I will tell all my friends and family and will post on Facebook the great customer service the Hilton provides......

Room Tip: ask for upgrade and get access to lounge, good eats....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jeff d
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Jeff D:

I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found our staff to be accommodating. I am pleased to know that Fred was able to resolve your issue. The new key system should be installed by August. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for business for one night, hotel staff are exceptional, especially James Fallon who could not do enough to make my stay enjoyable. Lovely comfortable bed and a superb breakfast. Nice relaxing drink in the bar and food quality excellent. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel

1  Thank Thompa1

Dear Thompa1:

Thank you for being our guest. I am very pleased you found our staff exceptional. We appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to your next return.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Thank you for your wonderful hospitality ! We were extremely comfortable at the Hilton and everyone made us feel right at home ! Kids enjoyed the warm cookies and milk in our room before bed ! Thank you !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Louise S:

We are happy to learn you and your children enjoyed your weekend with us. We look forward to serving you again when you and your family need a break-cation. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The window in my room had a broken lock so it could not be secured. Not an issue you would think on a higher floor but it opened out onto a flat roof that ran along the whole of the floor of the hotel which meant that someone could get into the room! Mentioned it to the reception staff but they did not seem to bothered. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere with literally nothing outside of it for miles so you are captive to the hotel eateries only unless you have a car. The hotel has a bus service to various malls and target's or wallmarts but it does not offer a frequent service to them so you end up stuck at these places for hours. The young lady supervisor at reception was not interested with our concerns and told us to get a taxi as she does not issue the shuttle time tables and she asked if we were aware it was a free service! That's the attitude towards customer service?? The hotel is very noisy at weekends as they seem to host a lot of events for youngsters and weddings, if you want to sleep at the weekend do not stay here as there is constant noise in the hallways through the night and morning. There are better quality hotels that you can stay in within thus price range. Was disappointed with this hotel especially with the safety aspects of the room.

2  Thank Theidco

Dear Theidco:

Thank you for reporting the window. We had our engineer go up to the room immediately after learning from CA mgr. and repair the window lock. I am sorry that we couldn't accommodate the shuttle times within your schedule. It runs daily from 9 am to 9 pm for crew. When you return, I am sure the shuttle will be able to take you where you need to go within a five mile radius.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed here a number of times. Good business hotel on Long Island. Has been recently refurbished which works well. The bar menu could be changed more often but the food is good and service quick.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Thomas F;

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay with us. We will be changing out the bar menu in July. Thank you for being a loyal guest to our hotel.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Initially I was booked to stay in Manhattan for two nights on work trips. The 17th and 20th May. I was surprised to find we were rebooked and moved to this hotel. To say I was disappointed initially was an understatement but after arriving and staying here, I could not of been happier....

The hotel was renovated recently and all amenities and rooms were of a modern high standard. My rooms were decorated in a vibrant bright style and not the usual run of the mill bland standard hotel room, which you usually find in the U.S. They were well thought out, such as having power sockets next to the bed, unlike most hotel rooms where you usually find the nearest socket hidden or the opposite side of the room. Breakfast was excellent as mentioned a few times in earlier posts. I also had room service and ate in the bar. I found the food to be of a high quality and extremely well priced especially compared to what I'm used to paying in the city.

Location wise, besides all the shopping nearby, where you are spoiled for choice. There are all the beautiful little waterfront towns nearby, such as North Point and Huntington, just a 15 min drive. Your typical white picket fenced homes with manicured lawns like you would find on a postcard. Its such a beautiful area if you take the time to go and explore.

But by far this hotels biggest selling point was its employees. All were genuinely pleasant, friendly and happy to help. Whoever recruits or trains them is doing something right.

Thank you especially to Ilana and Ben behind reception. Both of you were amazing, Ilana's genuine interest and customer service skills are beyond outstanding.

Oksana behind the bar who kept our drinks more than topped up and was always happy to see us.

And finally Jim Fallon who gave us the warmest of welcomes. I can't thank you enough for a fantastic stay. I really look forward to my next visit to this hotel....

It seriously knocks spots off of other hotels I stay in.

Kear Keith W:

Thank you very much for being our guest and for your wonderful review about our hotel and staff. I am happy you had such a good stay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The room was clean and bed extremely comfortable. Location was close to many businesses and enjoyed some local restaurants. Nice concierge lounge. The Staff is friendly and helpful. It is carefully maintained and has a very nice breakfast

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Asim S:

Thank you for your review. I am happy to learn you found our room clean and comfortable. We are very fortunate to have such an ideal location. I am also pleased to learn that you enjoy our concierge lounge and find our staff friendly. We look forward to serving you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale

Been to Hilton Long Island/Huntington? Share your experiences!