1,030 results
All reviewsthe executive loungelong islandindoor poolnice hotellobby barfront desk staffnew yorkhuntingtonkathyconferencelie
Reviewed 18 January 2018

These rooms need an update. Office chair in my room was terrible and thermostat did not work when I got into the room. It was freezing. After it was fixed, the room did get a little warmer but having it set to 78 should have been very warm and it was not.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Phil C
Gus M, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We passed your comments to Front Desk Manager & Engineering, not sure if you notified the front desk to change out the chair or engineering about the thermostat . I personally apologize to you for all our shortcomings that I assure you are not the norm at our hotel.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Stayed here for business purposes for two nights. In the middle of Melville, so if you're in that area it's super convenient. Friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms. They even arranged my transportation to and from work everyday. Would definitely stay again.

Only con would be my room service took a really long time to arrive. Over an hour plus, but it was good so I let it go.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Gus M, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

We are very happy to hear that we meet your expectations during your recent visit to our property. With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take pride in serving your needs and we are pleased to know that our team was able to provide that during your stay.
Thanks for the feedback on delivery time of Room Service, will look into.
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Long Island; we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Where do I begin? Hmm, perhaps it was the front door of the Lobby that was broken and FREQUENTLY open from Saturday Jan.6th thru Sunday Jan.7th....all the while it was 6 Degrees outside with a -10 degree wind chill factor. Made for a comfortable, relaxing Breakfast in the Lobby area, and a warm atmosphere at the main bar....NOT! Many had to wear coats and hats...in the MAIN lobby. And speaking of breakfast...breakfast (unlike many other hotels and Embassy Suites, is NOT free! take one plate of eggs, bacon and cereal at the buffet...and whalaa! That'll be $18.95 please...I did not expect that.
As for a climax (no pun intended) to the one night (thank God) I spent there (Jan.6th), I had to listen to the couple in the room next to me go at it MOST of the night. The walls are so thin this place that I heard every amorous/dirty word they told each other and more! Plus, the TV volume was wayyy too loud. All it took was five....FIVE ...calls to the front desk to get them to tell my neighbors to turn off the noise and keep it down at 5 a.m.
Luckily for me , Josh at the front desk offered to reduce my bill when I checked out. HE was the one positive of this hotel. In closing, when I stay at a Hilton, I expect a HILTON!!! Not paper thin walls and poor service...for that I can stay at a Rodeway Inn or a Days Inn for $30 bucks a night!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that actually has walls
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Gus M, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience.
I totally agree with these deep sub-zero temperatures, unfortunate a part broke down on the doors and needed to be replaced, our engineering department did their best to control the air flow from the outside.
We will address the noise complaint with security, as far as breakfast, some Hotels build into the price of the room or their are packages you can choice which includes breakfast.

Please receive again our sincere apology hoping to see you again as our guest in the near future

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I expected more from this "full service" Hilton property. This property is very tired with some renovations in progress. The cold weather seems to stress the property to provide hot water at the far ends of the building. Comments from the front desk about the lack of hot water was to run the water longer. The heater in the room during sub 20 degree weather was stressed to keep the room in a comfortable range.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Carlos H, Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

We appreciate your comments and we are pleased you noticed that we are under renovations to correct these shortcomings you mentioned.
We hope you return to us in the future so we can show you the improvements we are working on

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We had a Memorial luncheon for my father at the Hilton. It was originally scheduled for Jan. 5th, but snow forced us to cancel. Ms. Haley Gorden and her staff were more than gracious (emailing me back and forth from home in the blizzard) to re-schedule. Amidst our grief and stress, the Hilton and their staff provided comfort and a beautiful and spacious room and venue. I cannot say enough for what turned out to be a perfect day. I was very familiar with the Savoy Room as I presented at that podium a few years ago at the State Association of Bilingual Education conference, I couldn't believe we had it for my Dad's Memorial. So spacious! EVERY single person, from the guy at the front desk who said, " I am sorry for your loss" to the people in the room helping with the food were extra extra nice and special, personable and kind and the AV person was also super and gave us the complimentary microphone, so we could say our remembrances. Perhaps, and one of the most important, the food was EXCELLENT! Especially the Lemon Cake which people who were not "cake people" said they could not resist it and were telling others to go back and grab some. We were all scrambling to take it home in foam plates!!! When we got home, we could not resist eating it again!!! I had my son’s birthday party in the pool area (that has a beautiful waterfall) there several years ago and will look to this venue for other events in the future!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

We are happy to have you with us again and hope you continue coming back in the future; we will be happy to be your host again.