“Business Trip”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Melville
West Plains, Missouri
“Business Trip”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

It has been about 3 years since I was here last for a business meeting and the hotel has not changed, still very clean etc. I did notice all of the seasoned staff at the front desk had been replaced by younger staff. The younger staff was eager to help but did not have the seasoned greetings as the previous staff. My meeting was successful and I will return again as it is very close to all the places i go in the area. The one thing this hotel has, that the hotel shuttle will take you and pick you up from companies within about a 15 minute drive from the hotel. The concierge lounge was still as nice as before and the food during the breakfast and evening hours were as nice as before.

Room Tip: I didn't have a choice as the hotel was sold out when I arrived so my normal king size bed was n...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Greetings Louis320,

It is wonderful to hear about what a success your meeting event was with us! We are very excited that we were at our best so you could be at yours. All the tips about the hotel shuttle, concierge lounge and room assignments are so very helpful to our future travelers!

We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the future, and hopefully your travels will bring you back to Long Island soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Farmington, CT
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have never stayed here before, needing a hotel on LI we went straight to Marriott's website and booked this one. We are Silver Elite Marriott members and have been in Marriott hotels all over the world. The lobby is very dramatic, the staff welcoming, the room a disappointment. On first glance we were impressed with the large size of the room, the reading lights over the bed, etc. Then we got to the bathroom. When I pulled back the shower curtain a tub was revealed that should have been "junked" ages ago. The enamel was gone,,the epoxy coating was gone, we were looking at bare metal. This room (3027) should not have been assigned to guests at any level. When I registered our complaints to management they were "aghast" apologetic, and asked us to allow them to try to please us once again. Their subsequent email to us is appreciated and we remain Marriott aficionados.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Vego,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback of our hotel. We have addressed the issues in your guest room and are looking at the best solutions to rectify the problem as quickly as possible.

I am delighted to see that our staff and management was able to resolve the situation to your satisfaction! We appreciate your comments of our warm welcome to you and your family, we work very hard to ensure our staff exceeds your expectations! We do look forward to your return to our property in the future. Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Marriott Brand! We are lucky to have you!
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Nice hotel the employees are very friendly, front desk make you feel welcome and greeted as you walked by. There is construction in the area, readers need to be aware of the time of the year you'll be staying at this property. I've to say that the breakfrast buffett was very good, no complaints there at all.

Room Tip: Does not applied.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ayala1234
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Ayala1234,

We appreciate your review of our hotel! Our staff works very hard to ensure your expectations are met and I am glad to see that we have been able to make you feel welcomed and that you enjoyed your breakfast with us as well.

There is construction along the main parkways of the surrounding area, we always suggest a call to the hotel to help guide you through these areas! A great tip for our future travelers!
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 16 September 2013

From the moment you drive up to the hotel, the employees greet you and are very helpful. The people working the front desk greeted us every time we went by. They offer free shuttle service around the area, which can be helpful due to the major road construction taking place nearby.
After almost a week there, I had forgotten which way I parked the car. The young man at the door offered to drive me around to find the car, which I thought was very nice.
The rooms were a bit small, especially the bathroom. There were no ventilation fans in the bathroom either. Our room was clean though, and the housekeeping staff was very good about replacing toiletries and towels. The rooms did not block out the noises in the hallways, unfortunately. Some people were yelling in the halls in the middle of the night, which is rude in itself, but the doors did nothing to keep the noise out.
I did notice in some of the outside areas, where the smokers go, were very messy. There were ashtrays overflowing and glasses and bottles left behind. I don't smoke, but wanted to sit outside to read since the weather was beautiful. The only 2 benches were in that smokers area. What a shame it was so uncared for.
Did not dine in the restaurant or bar, but did go to the concierge lounge. The woman working there was very pleasant and did an excellent job of filling things in and replacing coffee urns, etc.
The central location and proximity to the highways make this hotel very convenient. I hope Marriott will spend some money updating this hotel, it has potential.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces outside as opposed to facing the atrium, which can be very echoey
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ivyw
ivyw,

It is great to hear wonderful comments about our staff service! Thank you for taking the time to recognize our front desk, housekeeping and concierge lounge staff, it means the world to us to know that we are making a difference!

You have pointed out some great areas of improvement that we are looking into.
We look forward to your return with us!
Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love this place when I am in Melville, NY - close to all of my accounts. Hallways need some freshening up - Concierge Lounge needs help - snacks tast like them came from Costco. Room Service needs better food; you are better off going to the bar - sandwiches were tasteless and not as described.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear JSabatini,

Welcome Back to the Melville Marriott! We are thankful you have chosen to stay and review our hotel again. We continually try and improve our product to create a better experience for our guests. Thank you for your feedback of your food experiences, we are looking for ways to provide a better product for all of our guests.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I spent 10 days at this property for business. Keep in mind that it was in the peak of wedding season (April-June) so the reader has to consider this when reading my review.

Overall the staff is EXCELLENT! Marriot always strives to provide exceptional service and this hotel definitely lives up to Marriott’s reputation. From a formal greeting to a genuine concern for your comfort, this property’s staff gets HIGHEST marks for hospitality.

The property itself is in need of a face-lift. The property is a bit dated, although I have to say I saw a number of maintenance staff working hard on improvements and general upkeep.

I have read several comments about small bathroom and such, but I think overall my room was well maintained and I found the bathroom to be more than adequate.

The greatest drawback to this property is the open foyer that stretches the entire length of the building. It is glass enclosed, includes the pool area, and is VERY loud when there are parties or events. If you are a light sleeper, request a room in the back section of the building, but beware the serenade of slamming doors. I can’t say this is an issue with the property, more of the clientele. Again, if you are a light sleeper, you may wish to consider another hotel. At this Marriott you will hear each and every door as the occupant enters or exits the room because all the doors slam shut. If this is not a concern, you will LOVE this property.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room in the back section of the building. If slamming doors b...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Good Day Dave L,

We certainly welcome your feedback of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your review and thank you for the very kind words about our staff service. We strive to ensure our guests are well taken care of and I am glad we were able to provide you with such great service. Your suggestions for our future guests will be most beneficial. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Always seemed that someone from staff was in the lobby to greet and be helpful. Hotel overrun with teen boy for a sports competition. The elevators were fast and always available. Grounds well maintained and romm was clean and well stocked.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Greetings nrktraveler,

We thank you for taking time to review our hotel. It is great to know that our staff service has exceeded your expectations and were available to help when needed.

We look forward to the opportunity to host you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Melville Marriott Long Island? Share your experiences!