“Classic Diner”

Colonial Diner
Ranked #17 of 178 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My friends and I always end up at the Colonial. Good average diner food for diner prices. Service has always been good and the food is good! Keep your standards up!

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I like their service and the food is OK. The portions are big and prices are moderate.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

I have traveled to Middletown quite a bit lately and the Colonial is a must one or two times per trip. The breakfast is excellent as well as dinner. The owner and staff always make you feel like a special guest !
Great eatery !

Reviewed 24 December 2010

As soon as we stepped into the restaurant, we saw many empty tables, but we had to stand at the door for at least 5 minutes waiting for the hostess to seat us. It was one of those situations where they know you're standing there, but just don't care. After we ordered, the waitress brought us 2 "Pepsi's" to drink but told us we should taste them because she may have mixed them up with someone else's order and given us Dr. Pepper. Our salads were not brought out immediately, but were held and brought with the entire meal. I ordered the roast beef dinner which was ok. My son ordered the hot roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and carrots as the vegetable. He could not eat it. They had one cooked slice of roast beef on top of the open faced sandwich which covered several slices of raw meat. It was so raw that the bread it was placed on was actually pink from the blood coming out of the meat. The waitress did no come back to check if everything was alright so I had to call to her to get her attention. She took the plate back to the kitchen and brought out a new plate with cooked beef on it. This plate was only the hot sandwich and potatoes - no carrots for the vegetable which were on the original plate. While we were sitting there we noticed when some "regulars" came in, that they were greeted and seated immediately. One table in particular that came in after us got their food, ate, and were gone before we could even get our check. When I paid the check, the hostess/cashier never said a word except to count out my change - no "how was everything" or even a "thank you". I've eaten at a lot of restaurants over the years, but this one rates with the worst for both service and food quality.

6  Thank 46Dad
Reviewed 13 October 2010

As I don't like to eat at chains while traveling, the desk clerk at the Days Inn recommended Colonial Diner. The menu was large, the service good, & the food tasty. However, it is a diner & crowded & noisy. If you want good enough food but don't care about the atmosphere, this place is fine.