“It's Always the Music” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brian's Backyard BBQ

Brian's Backyard BBQ
Ranked #68 of 170 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
warwick, new york
“It's Always the Music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

It's fair to say that Brian's resembles a rustic old roadhouse from a bygone era but at Brian's it's ALWAYS THE MUSIC.The walls are covered with the signatures of all the great musicians who've played there. I was told that Bob Dylan actually played there before it was Brian's. Any alteration in the name of Ambiance would be a desecration of history.The place also contains the best sound room in the business. Brian's is known for the top names in Blues and now offers Top Quality Country music as well. I went to see Nashville Artist Tim Hadler who has his own show in Branson.I was pleasantly surprised to also meet the Great Pianist : David Keyes and guitarist :Papa Chubby all in one night. They both graciously did Duets with Tim who was awesome with Dave on the Piano. The Food? I ordered Brian's Pulled Pork Nacho which was big enough for a family. You have to go below the Mason Dixon Line to find Barbecue that compares to Brian's. I had no room left for a main course but I've had Brian's Chicken before and its fabulous. I thought I could fit in a dessert but after Brian's Pie alamode I could barely walk. Its a huge slice of great Apple-country pie covered with at least a pint of ice cream. Service was prompt and staff was friendly. Hadler brought the house down with his "Glad you made it "billboard hit, He's supposed to come back July 19 but I intend to return before that for some great barbecue.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank joe s

Wurtsboro, New York
“Great Barbecue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

It is not a pretty place, and it is usually fairly loud because Brian likes Blues bands and Rock bands, but the food is really, really good.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jodie P
Compiegne, France
“Nice buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

During a professional trip to Middleton, we have tested a buffet from Brian's backyard BBQ.
Not really easy to have a fair evaluation after a trip from France of about 10 hours.
Nevertheless I tested the beef brisket, the prime rib as well the baked beans.
It was good.... especially the prime rib that was perfectly cooked.

But... the cajun rice was looking dry and overcooked. I stay away...

• Visited May 2014
Port Jervis, New York
“My dogs won't even eat the food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great place for music, but terrible place to eat. Over priced, bad service, tacky décor, and most of all the food is so bad my dogs would not even eat it. I have an upset stomach now which I know is from the pulled pork. My friend would not eat it either as she said it was aweful. Why is it after all this time of people complaining that the food, service and décor have not been updated to satisfy the customer? They need that guy from tv to come and re do the whole place.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bonnie P
Warwick, New York
“Good Ribs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I wanted BBQ so off we went. Ribs were smoked just right and fell off the bone. We shared the full rack of ribs and ordered a small order of wings. The Bourbon sauce on the wings was sweet and yummy. It was loud, but the music was pretty good for a Monday night. Service was fine. Waitress was nice enough and asked if she could get us anything maybe two times. We enjoyed the baked beans too. The macaroni and cheese was OK. A pleasant night out.

• Visited March 2014