“Great place to eat...”

Cuisines: Mexican
Wallkill, New York
“Great place to eat...”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is the second (and certainly not last) time I've eaten there. Both the food and the service were excellent. A wide variety of menu items usually not found at the typical "Mexican" restaurant. Most are usually mostly "Tex-Mex" and the usual fare. I've been throughout Mexico and have tasted "real" Mexican food. I especially enjoyed the dishes from the Veracruz region. Veracruz style is Afro-Cuban and Spanish influenced and "delicioso."

Dos Amigos has Veracruze and other regional dishes which for me sets it apart from most so-called Mexican restaurants. The ambiance was good, The decor, a little different than most (especially the wall mural) and the service was fast, friendly and the wait staff answered any questions asked by some people at our table to perfection.

The place wasn't noisy at all (except for at the bar where they were watching a Soccer game from Mexico). A couple nights a week they have a Mariachi band strolling through the restaurant. That can get a bit high on the decibile scale but no band was playing tonight.

I found the prices reasonable, the portions just right and it is enjoyable (and filling) dining there. A good time was had by all of us.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mitchell K

Middletown, New York
“cant hear my self talk”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

music way to loud can not talk to my family at the table for dinner , told waiter stopped music for a short amount of time and started again

• Visited September 2013