“WOW....AMAZING”

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“WOW....AMAZING”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was given a birthday Hot Air Balloon ride by my amazing and thoughtful and very funloving BF for my 43rd birthday, what made me hesitate at first turned out to be silly as Ken and Lana who run the company and also operate the balloons did everything to make me feel safe and comfortable but also really allowed me to enjoy the experience in a "scary" situation. If you are afraid of heights or small spaces, then hot air ballooning wouldn't necessarily feel like YOUR thing..but you need to try it..it is truly truly breathtaking and amazing and absolutely surreal experience...a must do on your bucket list.
Let me also explain about this lovely pair that run this company, they don't just do this for a living, you ABSOLUTELY know they love what they do...and my god 30+ years of experience, says they will do everything they can to keep you safe.
Lana is maticulate and detail oriented like no one else, she will call, and reconfirm and readdress any questions and issues and make sure you have NO questions til you are on that balloon
And Ken, well, hes just an excellent and wonderful pilot, I had no idea you actually had to have a commercial flying license to do this, so, I know I was in good hands. He guided us so smoothly and so effortlessly, over the earth at a little over 2000 ft in the air...and when it was time to come down, (usually a scary part I'd imagine) it was like riding a cable car with perfect tension, you couldn't feel ANYTHING , unreal. After the ride, you get picked up by their helpers, and brought back to the hangers and have a mini hang with some discussion on the flight, some mimosas are handed out and you can start your day...if you aren't a early riser, you should be, seeing a sunrise on a balloon is absolutely BREATHTAKING...I know there are a lot of companies, and my BF said he called 5, and this was the one that took the time to call back...its worth the wait...GO RIDE A BALLOON...do it now. Thank you to Ken and Lana, for an amazing gift of flight. Wonderful wonderful people!

Visited July 2014