“In need of update”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Middletown
Ocala, Florida
“In need of update”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This place is lost in the 80's. Has not beed updated to meet express or suites specs. Not a bad experience, but not what you have come to expect from a modern IHG property. Indoor pool area is decent, the restaurant/ free breakfast is a bit of a chore. But not terrible if you can get a good rate

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bigvin72
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Middletown, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear bigvin72,

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Brockport, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed for 3 days to visit with family. The hotel has been refurbished and is very nice. The first night our room was musty and smelled of of old cigarette smoke. We turned the fan on high and that did the trick. The room was very clean and comfortable. The food for breakfast and for dinner was very good but the wait staff was slow, poorly trained and disorganized. They were courteous and tried but did not know what they were doing. They must have been short handed because i saw our waiter vacuuming the hallway. All in all it was good and we dot a great deal on the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay..truck parking in the rear of building..I was greeted by a great girl..price was real good..lobby looked nice I was a little early and had to wait a few minutes on the housekeeper to finish my room she was friendly and did a great job..the room was nice clean well lit, great bed and bathroom was clean and had great water pressure..all in all I had a good stay ..from the outside it was nothing special the back of the building where the truck parking was looked pretty rough to say the least but once inside I was really impressed ..I stayed close to here a few weeks ago and this place was way better ..If Im back in the area I will stay again. I feel a little work should be done outside especially on the rear of the building..but once inside Its really descent with great people and great prices..

Room Tip: top floor was very quiet..
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank teamster175
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Middletown, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear teamster175,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about our great staff service. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge their good stay.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We booked this hotel to bird the bashakill. We received a great rate through Priceline and loved the hotel so much we stayed an additional night. Kriss welcomed us and checked us in. She was helpful and professional. The lobby is welcoming with a stone waterfall, lemon water and comfortable seating. Great location 30 minutes from Woodbury Commons, 15 minutes to bashakill, short walk to restaurants, five minute drive to a mall, grocery store and movie theater. The onsite bar and restaurant make for a complete property. I felt like I did not have to leave the hotel and my need would be met.

The well-appointed clean room had two comfy queen beds, soft and firm pillows, with a unique touch: the pillows had tags on them indicating their firmness. Other amenities: flat screen TV, coffee maker, small frig., microwave, Iron/board, blow dryer, safe and lots of drawer space. I especially liked the citrus, mint soap.

The windows do not open so the room air was a bit stuffy. The property is far recessed from the road and the grounds were country rustic. I would have loved to open the window to allow for the fresh country air.

We were provided two $4 food vouchers that we used in the on site full service restaurant. There were items that are covered by the vouchers or one could order other items and pay the difference. The restaurant is also open for lunch and dinner and we could have used the voucher for these meals.

Additional appreciated amenities include: Complimentary parking, ample fitness room, heated clean indoor swimming pool, no hot tub, seasonal outdoor pool, business center and morning coffee/tea in the lobby, the coffee was available after 7AM on the weekend. Elevators are available .

I would recommend this hotel and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gershwin12
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here March 8, 2014 and during the early morning hours had the ceiling in our room fall on our belongings due to a leaky roof. I used some of my rewards points for the room and I was told that I would have my points returned due to the mishap. Well here it is 23 days later phone calls to the hotel and emails to Holiday Inn corporate and I have nothing. I guess it doesn't pay to be so nice should have demanded all kinds of things and been mean and nasty, seems like that is what you have to do to get things done. Oh well lots of Hotel chains around will not stay at another Holiday and they can keep their rewards card too.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank derfire
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Middletown, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear derfire,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow us to apologize for the over-all experience you had. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed with the kids for 1 night last week and we will be there this weekend too - room was just fine , big lot for parking, although my booking had the breakfast included but at check in they handed us two $4 voucher - we had an awesome breakfast and paid $10 on top of the voucher - for a second i wasn't happy but the breakfast was great that i didn't mind paying only $10 extra for it - overall we were satisfied with our stay

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Moe576Ali
Riverhead, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Had a group of friends come in from across the northeast... I blocked rooms with Holiday Inn in Middletown. Everyone was friendly. Front desk staff was exceptional at all hours of day and night. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable. Ate at restaurant for dinner and breakfast, all were friendly especially Raul, our waiter. Bar was great, Carole was wonderful. They even arranged a live band because my group was going to be meeting at the bar Saturday evening. Thank you!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GwenD71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown
Comfort Inn &; Suites Goshen / Middletown
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Middletown

Been to Holiday Inn Middletown? Share your experiences!